Cargo bay problem (rescue contracts)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to fulfil a contract where I have to rescue some Kerbonaut stuck around Duna's orbit and recover his ship (the ship is a Hitchhiker container).

So I had the idea to launch an Mk3 Cargo Bay CRG-25, which is small enough to be sent to Duna without spending a lot of money and big enough to hold entirely the Hitchhiker container. After few RCS maneuvers, I opened the doors, catched the container and closed the doors. But after few seconds in orbit, the Hitchhiker flies away, passing through the Cargo Bay's wall :confused:

I don't know whether the bug is known or not and what can I do to fix it.

Thank you for helping me.

Edited by DaliPotter

The ship doesn't have a docking port, and I haven't try yet with the Grabbing Unit, I thought it only works with asteroids. I will try it later, if it's fine, I will change the thread's title to Answered.

Thanks a lot :))

FYI, the problem you are having is a result of time warp. Physics is disabled when time warp is started, which means ships which are not connected to each other pass right through each other. If you have a few days to pass, you could do it this way in 4x physics warp but it would take a LONG time.

without a docking port connection or a claw grab the game will calculate the two ships as diferent entities, since time warp has to ignore physic calculations in order to be able to speed up the game the two ships will start ignoring eachother, effectively making it so the hitchiker pod separates from your rescue vessel.

Thanks for the answers.

But there's another problem. I tryed the claw technique and it worked fine. But when I returned to Kerbin's orbit, I left to Space Center and made a Savegame. When I returned to the ship later to complete the mission, when I burned retrograde, then tryed to warp time a little bit, everything stopped turning. The ship is accelerating at its own, I can't maneuver it, I can't time warp anymore, it says "ship under acceleration", and I tryed this with other satellites in orbit, same thing, even with several other savegames, the game is ruined!!!!! Tell me it has a solution, because I searched on google, a lot of people talk about this bug but no answers!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.