Kerbal Space Recorder?

Rehty77

One of the things I think'd be useful for KSP cinematic making is a "record" and "instant replay" function that works kind of like FSRecorder works for Flight Simulator X. That way, you can concentrate on working the camera and not on a gajillion things at once! I think that KSP needs that. It'd make making cinematics easier. Right?

Someone could adapt that codebase to save the ships as well, and play back with the actual ships used (instead of just lines)

It already does this, although that's been broken for a while. However it only loads a static ship model and has it fly along the line, no part animations or anything

I suggested an input logger a while ago. Would indeed be nice to see someone take an interest who also has the time/expertise to make it real.

• 2 weeks later...

This really must be a rather involved project to take on, because to be honest with all the people out their making videos something like this would be in high-demand I would think. Making a video you always want to capture different angles of the same action and it's a pain to have to re-fly whatever you're doing if you want to get a new angle on in. Not to mention keep things consistent between shots.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.