Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Control surface power has been reduced but have not uoloaded new update yet.

Look in the cfg for the ine piece.

Its quite simple. Look for lifting surface entry.

Also I have a patch on page one for people to test with better flying characteristics. Compare this cfg to the normal one in the mod , have a play around with it.

Aero has not been midified.

Are you using FAR?

Also as I stated a while back I have a stock FAR version coming. I already have it with RO but is incomplete. Wings are seperate.

- - - Updated - - -

I might sound bias but it flies very well in my game. If I have to then I will take off the wings. But I did like the idea of one piece.

I guess with wings seperate it can be FAR-able and wont need seperate version

Im not using far. It flys very well but is touchy. For me it can be sent into a flap spin pretty easily by nosing up when im coming in to land after re entry. in older versions it used all body lift. And it would fly backwards. I updated today and now its all standard lift. So i wasnt sure if you changed something. im using the one piece in the screen shot.

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

want a link to the mod?

I think there was a link posted to the new japanese launch pack but you can post it up and I can add to first page

- - - Updated - - -

Im not using far. It flys very well but is touchy. For me it can be sent into a flap spin pretty easily by nosing up when im coming in to land after re entry. in older versions it used all body lift. And it would fly backwards. I updated today and now its all standard lift. So i wasnt sure if you changed something. im using the one piece in the screen shot.

Ok I need to accept that we need a seperate winged version. I have it already with the RO version, I just need to add stock config to the parts for stock ksp.

Tonights plan.

I will leave the onepiece there for the time being until I sort this new one.

You can be my tester.

I am hust not looking forward to more aero work. Sigh. ..

I think there was a link posted to the new japanese launch pack but you can post it up and I can add to first page

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I need to accept that we need a seperate winged version. I have it already with the RO version, I just need to add stock config to the parts for stock ksp.

Tonights plan.

You can be my tester.

this is the one I'm using http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/223187-japanese-launch-vehicles-pack-v0-40

- - - Updated - - -

Tonights plan.

You can be my tester.

Ok. Also i found an issue with the 747 nose gear... Also the tail wing on the 747 and shuttle are being used for pitch and they go left. But are unresponsive to yaw.5AZiGwY.pngIM9uR1M.png

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

Ok. Also i found an issue with the 747 nose gear... Also the tail wing on the 747 and shuttle are being used for pitch and they go left. But are unresponsive to yaw.http://i.imgur.com/5AZiGwY.png http://i.imgur.com/IM9uR1M.png

Yes these 2 issues were mentioned on its release but thanks. Finding time is just as hard as modding itself.

I might suggest anyone who has a shuttle in space that you land it before the next update is installed because your wings will dissapear, and landing will be tricky lol.

Unless there are votes to keep the one piece and just have a seperate download for the new seperate wing shuttle?

Reason being it is causing issues with getting the best aero potential.

I will do my best to make it stable before I release the update so we dont have multiple fix releases.

I will be using jeasts work to start from and work from there.

I might suggest anyone who has a shuttle in space that you land it before the next update is installed because your wings will dissapear, and landing will be tricky lol.

Unless there are votes to keep the one piece and just have a seperate download for the new seperate wing shuttle?

I will do my best to make it stable before I release the update so we dont have multiple fix releases.

I put chutes on my shuttle! So i dont need wings. REDUNDANCY!

I for one was originally skeptical of the one piece model when you first introduced it but I now absolutely love it. I think you should keep it but if a lot of other people don't want it or if it's too much trouble then getting rid of it isn't that big of a deal I guess.

So, did the Arms ever get fixed, Mike? I know you're busy and all. Just curious.

Theyre functional. Just not the magnet bit yet. Possibly working in the JEM arm and it's camera. But I havent tested it

ok to keep things simple for now, the next updates will be the same BUT will have the extra wingless fuselage, and the extra 2 wings.

this way both versions can be tested AND it wont break your game if you install it.

almost finished with it now.

FAR configs ready in a test state also, and can be installed if you have FAR

anyone willing to test the new stock game separate wing design, all new aero.

fixed tail control surface, as well as thing like parachutes and attempted the rcs fix.

out of time tonight

this download includes a folder called 'parts' and this overwrites the parts folder in your gamedata/space_shuttle/ folder.

the only negative effect to your current setup is it may rotate your tail flap on any active shuttle and your saved crafts.

it mainly adds a couple of new parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yceeegoq096sxb/Parts.zip?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

added craft file to downloaad

Frostsid. Would you pls remove my name from the video? I did nothing compared to Mike and all of my work is long time rendered invalid, nothing left because all of the changes made till this day. 110% of the cred should go to Mike ;)

anyone willing to test the new stock game separate wing design, all new aero.

fixed tail control surface, as well as thing like parachutes and attempted the rcs fix.

out of time tonight

this download includes a folder called 'parts' and this overwrites the parts folder in your gamedata/space_shuttle/ folder.

the only negative effect to your current setup is it may rotate your tail flap on any active shuttle and your saved crafts.

it mainly adds a couple of new parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yceeegoq096sxb/Parts.zip?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

added craft file to downloaad

Craft file will not load because I'm missing "STSCanadarmP1, 2, 3 etc" I have the pack from page 1 installed. What am I missing?

I think my craft file had a canadarm on it which you may not have. You can still put it together manually, or grab the full new version on guthub. Has canadarm too

- - - Updated - - -

Frostsid. Would you pls remove my name from the video? I did nothing compared to Mike and all of my work is long time rendered invalid, nothing left because all of the changes made till this day. 110% of the cred should go to Mike ;)

Not true. Your help and comitment has been huge and have been a big part of this mod. Plus im still using your work

Very nice of you but I really do not agree. I only did some aero back in the days. The aero has changed a lot in the meantime. Just a microscopic drop in the bucket and not credit worthy. My name removal request still stands. Thanks

The tail piece for the separate wing shuttle is too small. The separate winged shuttle flys much better than the one piece as is. In fact, it flys too well. It needs less lift. It dosnt fly like a brick. agIpPwg.png

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx

The tail piece for the separate wing shuttle is too small. The separate winged shuttle flys much better than the one piece as is. In fact, it flys too well. It needs less lift. It dosnt fly like a brick. http://i.imgur.com/agIpPwg.png

Good to know it worked out. Yeah I overdid the lift to see if I can get away from that drag.

Whoops on the tail size. Will fix.

Would you be willing to look at the cfg and edit its aero properties until you like it?

Wings, orbiter , tail and control surfaces can be edited.

Just look for moduleaerosurface

Then min and max drag entries.

Trial and error mostly

Good to know it worked out. Yeah I overdid the lift to see if I can get away from that drag.

Whoops on the tail size. Will fix.

Would you be willing to look at the cfg and edit its aero properties until you like it?

Wings, orbiter , tail and control surfaces can be edited.

Just look for moduleaerosurface

Then min and max drag entries.

Trial and error mostly

Ok. If i find something that works ill put the config on dropbox to maybe go into a version of the mod.

I found ModuleLiftingSurface in the config but no aerosurface. Same thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Com Col are out of align. Thats why it pitches up really hard and is unpredictable at times. JmeHDas.png

- - - Updated - - -

I got it flyin Pretty good. Moved back the col and gave some brick flight attributes. Still needs some work. Still pulls 8 g turns if not careful but its a start. Com is low. It needs to be higher. yCJqvDp.png

Edited by XxDARKWOLF67Xx