Launch clamps Bug

This problem already have some solution?

The "Stock Bug Fix Modules (v1.0.2d.3 Release - 18 May 15)" fixes this bug?

Thanks!

I have seen this bug reported, but haven't experienced it myself. It is not in my Stock Bug Fix Modules (since I haven't had the time to track it down yet). I also haven't seen a good workaround other than trying to limit the number of launch clamps.

Cheers,

-Claw

• 3 weeks later...
I have seen this bug reported, but haven't experienced it myself. It is not in my Stock Bug Fix Modules (since I haven't had the time to track it down yet). I also haven't seen a good workaround other than trying to limit the number of launch clamps.

Cheers,

-Claw

Would it be possible to delete the launch clamps when the ship's at around 1200m up?

• 2 weeks later...

People seeing this bug: do you fire the engine and release the launch clamps at the same time? Does it still happen if you don't? Could it be the launch clamps not properly detaching as you fire engines? I've heard it's possible to rip launch clamps out of the ground with a high enough TWR.

In my experience it seems to happen with very large and/or fast moving (read: high TWR on launch) ships. Also, if you fire a kerbal with an engine's exhaust on the launch pad, the launch clamps sometimes follow the kerbal for a short time (just long enough to be noticed, a couple of seconds at most) before snapping back to the launch pad, although that may be unrelated.

People seeing this bug: do you fire the engine and release the launch clamps at the same time? Does it still happen if you don't? Could it be the launch clamps not properly detaching as you fire engines? I've heard it's possible to rip launch clamps out of the ground with a high enough TWR.

In my experience it seems to happen with very large and/or fast moving (read: high TWR on launch) ships. Also, if you fire a kerbal with an engine's exhaust on the launch pad, the launch clamps sometimes follow the kerbal for a short time (just long enough to be noticed, a couple of seconds at most) before snapping back to the launch pad, although that may be unrelated.

they are apearing again... and again and again... and again... i have sometimes about 10 clamps falling back to kerbin

In my experience it seems to happen with very large and/or fast moving (read: high TWR on launch) ships.

It happens with/without simultaneous release/fire engines. And yes, it happens most with the biggest ships (i.e. my massive Eve lander was the first to see it)

It seems to be related to the smoke bug, where the puffs of smoke come by... if the ship's big enough to slow down physics, then when I see the smoke puffs come by, I can also see a couple launch clamps fly by.

Yupper doodle. Sure enough, my ships that have "flying launchclampitis" are the ones with the clamps hanging over the edge of the pad, and if I have a small rocket way off center, it happens too.

You know.... I NEVER noticed that off center in the VAB translates to off center on the pad? I feel like a complete idiot. For some reason I was absolutely convinced that rockets automatically centered on the pad.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.