Weird image corruption/arctifact

I'm getting these weird image artifacts. They show up in part's icons, most noticeable disruption when taking screenshots.

They're also accompanied by some weird screen tearing issues. I have disabled frame-limit, but KSP usually stays well below my refresh rate.

Right now I'm in a heavily modded install, but I've seen this issue from the beginning of the 1.0 release.

screens:

screenshot_2015_05_21_22_54_35.png screenshot_2015_05_21_22_55_22.png screenshot_2015_05_21_22_58_35.png

Log:

http://jpst.it/z1Ot

Any hints/solutions to solve the issue?

Cheers!

Have you experienced this with other games? TBH it looks like your graphics card is dying.

No way, and nooo. It only happens with KSP and not all the time. Card is new from last year: Radeon R7 260

btw: this distortion only happens inside game objects, and screenshots, otherwise gameplay is fine.

No way, and nooo. It only happens with KSP and not all the time. Card is new from last year: Radeon R7 260

btw: this distortion only happens inside game objects, and screenshots, otherwise gameplay is fine.

The only suggestion I have for you is to remove all mods 1 by 1 and launch afterwards to see if that was the offending mod. You would have better luck starting with any visual enhancing mods, as that would be my guess.

Sorry man.

Ok, so to be clear, I'm pretty sure this also happened all the way back when first play-testing 1.0 release. So most likely no mods at all.

Something relevant too, it seems to happen later in a gameplay, when memory usage is rather large, or sooner with heavily modded game, so I think its memory related.

I'd say it's GPU/driver related (and AMDs Linux drivers are notoriously crummy), but there are some NREs in your log, possibly from RemoteTech but it's hard to tell... can you reproduce it in a stock install?

Are you getting any noise from the GPU driver in your system logs?

Edited by steve_v

I'd say it's GPU/driver related (and AMDs Linux drivers are notoriously crummy), but there are some NREs in your log, possibly from RemoteTech but it's hard to tell... can you reproduce it in a stock install?

Are you getting any noise from the GPU driver in your system logs?

Are you graphics card temperatures normal during gameplay? It is probably KSP related, but I second that a overheating card also looks like this.

The acutal case I've posted here was from a test run, I keep a main game and separate test game, mainly to test certain mods and custom of my own, pretty sure RemoteTech wasn't there.

Didn't check the logs yet, its a good idea to do it. And could be also to temperatures too, I used to check this with the open-source driver, but not with the proprietary ones. Though my PC tower is pretty well ventilated, liquid-cooler with 3 12mm fans.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.