Sci-fi models, some misc parts; any interest? (please close)

Shadowmage

Pretty nice stock looking parts, I wouldn't mind getting my kerbal hands on them :)

EDIT- Like what is the scale on like Lander Module (LM) well and the rest of the parts ?

Thanks :) I've tried to keep them as stock-alike as possible, at least the later stuff that I've done. The Apollo stuff is... meh, but were also some of my first attempts at texturing, and I tried to keep them 'real' looking...but unfortunately super-shiny/silver is a really hard look to do without reflective shader support.

As to dimensions (will update the OP with this info shortly)

Apollo stuff is 2.5m core, with 0.625m docking port (which is actually really close to the proper scaled size it should be).

LM is 2.5m-3.7m; it -barely- fits inside a 3.75m fairing. Included is a 3.75m -> 2.5m petal adapter to house the LM (shown in screenshot).

Orion CM is 3.75m core (some fairing/adapter parts are a bit wider...but thats how they really are...). The CM alone -will- fit on top of a 3.75m stack; it even includes a fairing for its heat-shield. The ICPS has lower fairings to support both 5m and 3.75m lower stages.

Some of the misc-parts... I'll have to get some good screenshots for scale on those...

I really want the series C ship (it looks very, very smooth), and I would like to play with it. It needs an appropriate IVA, and I, for one, would like it ahead of the other part sets.

The colony module also needs and IVA.

Get in the back of the line Mekan1k hehe :) A and B before C lol :wink:

Eh. Since when have rules applied to kerbals... Ever?

Also, your image files should be dds- reduces active memory footprint.

Edited by Mekan1k

Series C is mostly (aside from IVAs and config tweaks) complete. So it may well come before A and B :)

Series-A is technically complete, but there are a few issues that will require model recompiles to fix, and Series-B has some texturing, animation, and config stuff yet to do.

It is looking likely that the Series-A CSM (but not LM), and entire Series-B core sets will be released under the Bacon Labs banner in the near future -- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121217-Bacon-Labs-Stockalike-Ariane-More-Version-1-0-Official-Release!-13-May . So keep an eye out there over the next few days/week or so, and you will likely see them pop up.

The Series-C parts (and other misc. pieces) will probably be packaged up and released independently in the near future. I have to decide how best to organize the parts and assets for release given some of the texture sharing that is going on. It is all available on github currently (in the GameData folder) if you want to go through the effort to get it from there; just be mindfull of the WIP/unfinished state of some things.

Series C is mostly (aside from IVAs and config tweaks) complete. So it may well come before A and B :)

Series-A is technically complete, but there are a few issues that will require model recompiles to fix, and Series-B has some texturing, animation, and config stuff yet to do.

It is looking likely that the Series-A CSM (but not LM), and entire Series-B core sets will be released under the Bacon Labs banner in the near future -- http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121217-Bacon-Labs-Stockalike-Ariane-More-Version-1-0-Official-Release!-13-May . So keep an eye out there over the next few days/week or so, and you will likely see them pop up.

The Series-C parts (and other misc. pieces) will probably be packaged up and released independently in the near future. I have to decide how best to organize the parts and assets for release given some of the texture sharing that is going on. It is all available on github currently (in the GameData folder) if you want to go through the effort to get it from there; just be mindfull of the WIP/unfinished state of some things.

Indeed.

By the way, Orion works perfectly and is go for liftoff. I actually just flew it in 3.7x KSP. While it's hard to get to orbit even with a 5m SLS, it's certainly worth it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.