Engines Refuse to Fire

I've had a problem with a few different vessels now and I cannot pin down what is causing the issues. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a hard and fast way to reproduce the problem.

I'm using MechJeb, KER & Kerbal Alarm Clock (all up to date versions).

The issue is that when setting up nodes with MechJeb and instructing it to execute the node it will orientate itself but not auto-warp to the time. This is the first hint that my squid (its no Kraken) is going to occur.<br><br>When I manually warp to time the node will not execute, either via MechJeb or manual throttle, unless I toggle either the fuel or oxidizer off/on at or after the node. The engine will then fire (sounding pretty rough) and the burn will run as planned.

Sometimes the fuel toggle will not fix it and then I'll toggle the engine off/on. It that doesn't fix it them cycle back to KSC and then back to the vessel.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anywhere in the debug that I can pull info from?

Cheers,

Chris

Extra info: I've noticed on here (recent threads) that attaching ports to tanks radially can cause similar problems. I've also had the odd vessel with the phantom acceleration even with no engines running (again no reliable way to replicate the problem). I've since scavenged all the fuel from these tanks and de-orbited/destroyed them. Will see if that sorts the problem.

Edited by ChrisD
Removing the <br>s & adding info

• 1 month later...

So this problem is still afflicting my vessels, although I have found a funny workaround.

You can tell if the issue is going to strike if you engage MechJeb to 'Create & Execute' a node. The vessel will orientate but not time accelerate to the node. If I have more than one fuel tank on-board (that has some fuel in it) by switching off either the LF or O then the time warp will kick in and the node will be executed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.