A Picture Of The Mun

CaptainApollo

Hello everyone! I was out in my yard today, and I noticed the moon shining very nicely; it is almost a full moon! I used my camera to take a picture, and here it is! :) What do you think? And just imagine.. People have actually set foot on that! Food for thought...

P2810914.jpg

Edited by CaptainApollo

So Im trying to keep saving money, but threads like this make me think "It wouldn't be too bad to splurge on a high-end telescope and a camera that would work with it, right?"

Umm... Is the "Mun" in the title intended? Someone may have been playing too much KSP...

Also, great pictures!

My best picture of the Moon (just typed "Mun" myself...) so far is... less impressive. Taken with my phone and a cheap telescope.

hEdDcvD.png?1

You have a point, r4pt0r! But now, I used a lot of money to get the camera, and I am far from that...

Benzman, true enough! The only way to see enough is to be up there for real! :)

It is intended, but you may be right about the KSP. I've just started, and I love KSP, and the forum. Thank you! I still like it your picture, because I like the crescent! :)

You have a point, r4pt0r! But now, I used a lot of money to get the camera, and I am far from that...

Benzman, true enough! The only way to see enough is to be up there for real! :)

It is intended, but you may be right about the KSP. I've just started, and I love KSP, and the forum. Thank you! I still like it your picture, because I like the crescent! :)

wait that was only camera lens, no telescope? thats a really good shot!

So Im trying to keep saving money, but threads like this make me think "It wouldn't be too bad to splurge on a high-end telescope and a camera that would work with it, right?"

Actually, I'm buying one over the summer! It's going to be somewhere in the 700-800 dollar range, so I think it'll be a dobsonian one (the larger the aperture, the better). I have a low end one currently that is able to see Saturn's rings and Jupiter's moons, but it isn't that incredible.

Well, honestly, it's obviously not a high end camera. There is clear chromatic aberrations, grain, hot areas, etc. He obviously used a tripod due to the extreme zoom though, but old tripods are just as good as new ones.

Point and Shoots are powerful for what they are and are very cost effective for the individual.

*Of course, getting a CHEAP "interchangeable lens" camera and using an adapter for a telescope isn't too bad either. Adapters aren't very expensive and you can get a base ~200 USD on ebay (Don't be put off by low megapixels, the sensors are what matter)

Edited by Fel

Wow, good luck Jack! It sounds very nice, I have yet to get a good telescope!

Yes, it's not the most amazing one, Fel. It is pretty good, and serves the purpose. Point and Shoots are great, I am very happy with the quality. Yes, the extreme zoom is hard to hold steady.

Wow, interesting! Nice picture, I like it!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's two more pictures of the moon, taken a few minutes ago, and I was also fortunate enough to see the ISS and another satellite! What do you think? :)

P2810923.jpg

P2810931.jpg

Wow, tonight has really been a great night, I also saw Saturn, Jupiter and Venus, all above the horizon!

Edited by CaptainApollo

Not bad, nice pic! If you zoom in, you can sort-of see the features!

Heh, yeah. The stock lens is the only one I've got and it sure isn't a telephoto lens. And Canon lenses that I want cost 200-1000 bucks. Still, it's better than my old camera that the moon looked like a white paper plate on a black background through.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.