what is work around for time acceration bug?

For some inexplicable reason my craft thinks it's under acceleration even when the engines are shut down. Currently orbiting Duna and when my craft hits 50k altitude not only does it think it's accelerating, it actually is. A tiny bit. Even with the engines shut down.

I killed the engines. I reloaded. I restarted game. Still persists.

(I tried a forum search, but my search-fu is noob at best. A billion threads dealing with "acceleration".)

Edited by Sobriquet

Thank you!

Where do i find more info on this mysterious ability call "trim"? The whole ALT-X thing is new to me.

from the wiki:

Mod + W/S/A/D/Q/E Trim pitch/yaw/roll

Mod + X Reset trim

default Mod key is Alt. :)

Trimming means this: In a spacecraft, Mod+Q will induce a small amount of constant roll to your craft. It will slowly spin faster and faster. There used to be a limit of around two rotations per second, but it is now unlimited,, so it will continue spinning faster and faster. This is why space trim is not advisable. (except if you have asymmetric thrust)

As for planes, trim is very useful, mostly the "up/down" trim. Usually a plane will either want to slowly dive or slowly climb. Using the trim, you can make it so the aircraft flies level. :)

They can also be used for controlling super-sensitive craft.

Edited by Endersmens

For some inexplicable reason my craft thinks it's under acceleration even when the engines are shut down. Currently orbiting Duna and when my craft hits 50k altitude

It is perfectly normal to be accelerating while in atmosphere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.