Sadness. Just found another thing that was broke in 1.0

DerpenWolf

If they did have realistic thrust though, burn times would be ridiculous..

That is just how it is.. You can still use ion engines for small orbital adjustments on for example a probe.

Sometimes they could even come in handy when needing extremely small burns, like when adjusting for aerobrake long before you reach sphere of influence of a planet.

Yea, that's about it. It did seem to work like that but it doesn't now. I've tried sticking a pile of physical-less parts on a little ship and the weight just goes up no matter what they are attached to.

I think for the mass display in the VAB, the physicless parts always added to the displayed weight (and counted aganst the launch mass limit), but didn't actually have mass as far as the physics simulation was concerned...

I'm guessing that is what you were looking at... because that screenshot seems to confirm it.

On another note.... the large decoulplers have physics signifigance set to 0 ?!?!?

Thats a big part to have be massless in previous versions (and massless in this version under the right conditions it seems)

On another note.... the large decoulplers have physics signifigance set to 0 ?!?!?

Thats a big part to have be massless in previous versions (and massless in this version under the right conditions it seems)

IIRC this "solved" a problem with these decouplers not decoupling properly. A quick'n'dirty patch that never got ironed out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.