Are the PPFX and tempgauge memoryleaks one and the same or are they different ones?

From what sal_vager said in another thread, it sounds like the PPFX and tempgauge memory leaks are the same, but are they actually the same one or are they different? I heard that there is a memory leak from PPFX, but I thought the temp gauge one was it's own memory leak?

They seem to be different, IME. I was under the impression that it was the PPFX that caused leaky memory, and indeed when I disabled it the out of memory crashes disappeared for my smaller craft. But when I used a larger craft that had more parts that got into critical temperature ranges I started getting crashes again. So now I run with PPFX off and only enable the gauges for a few moments at a time to check temps.

This can't be fixed soon enough, we need some indication of heating problems before parts explode. Hopefully 1.0.3 nips it in the bud.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.