AF-2 Speed and the turny bits in one!

So I haven't felt like putting any of my planes on the forum mainly because the shear number of them. All of them look good don't get me wrong, but there is a lot of them. For that reason i have been watching, and learning. While i doubt anyone noticed my lack of planes, I have decided to post one of my first 1.0 planes. She has gone through several phases and I think I got her down. Enough with the boring text, pics are required.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(optional futures shown)

Now you may notice the forward swept wings, or the insane speed. The speed is due to the two engines, but I dunno what causes the wings to sweep forward... Anyways, it can get past Mach 1 before the end of the runway, but it can't get to the max speed due to heating. Heating is from the lack of parts as this is part friendly-ish. 68 parts. I doubt the speed is anything significant but it is worth noting.

As of maneuverability, this is where I believe it accelerates at (besides the actual accelerating of coure :sticktongue: ). The thing does 10g donuts at 130 m/s. While other planes can do the 10g part, the holding the speed is often the main problem. As the plane turns, speed is lost. However, it accelerates fast. Therefore stalling while pulling turns and loops is rarely a problem, as long as there is some throttle in there.

Slowing down can be a problem though. Flaps are binded to the RCS key (R by default). Two air brakes on the side are activated by the usual B. Also Take off is faster than usual.

Safe flying or crash it, whichever you have more fun with.

Download: http://www./download/z6yl16myt3zc89a/AF-2_Mk-VII.craft

(made in 1.0, I haven't updated for some stupid reason)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.