[1.0.3] Craft in-flight before update, now unflyable (time frozen, controls stuck, display issues)

Hey, so as of the 1.0.3 update I was in the middle of a major mission to Duna I have been trying to aerobrake safely to the ground with insufficient parachutes and thrust (long story). Been retrying the maneuver for an hour or two every couple of days for a week or so. I've been very close, and so was a little worried 1.0.3 would make it impossible (and hopeful it would make it easier), so I loaded up KSP today nervously. What I didn't expect was this glitch:

The Issue

KSP seems to operate normally at first, until I go to the Tracking Station and load my ship, the "Duna Express". First Duna is gone, replaced by a pixelated white half circle. I figured it might resolve itself as I got closer to Duna. But the craft won't move. I can't retract my solar panels. In fact, none of the ship controls seem to do anything. Then I notice time isn't passing. The ship isn't getting closer to Duna at all. Some UI elements are out of place. When I hit ESC to pull up the menu, then resume, time starts flowing again, the ship is falling towards pixel-Duna as it should, but the controls still don't work, and weirder still, now every piece of the ship except the command pod goes flying off into the distance before resetting back to where it should be, and then immediately flying off into the distance again. I'm guessing the command pod is moving towards Duna while the rest of the ship is flying to the original freeze point before snapping back to the command pod.

All other crafts I've loaded fly normally, including other crafts in Duna's SOI. Ike displays normally. During the many reloads I did, Duna occasionally displayed normally, but usually it didn't. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference whether I load the craft through the tracking center or by hitting F9. There are three possible things I can think of that could make this craft unique (other than just some random part): it's the only manned craft currently flying; it has been quicksaved and reloaded a lot; it has one fairing (generated by a decoupler) that turned invisible a week or so ago during 1.0.2 and never reappeared.

My Setup

KSP 1.0.3 through Steam

Unmodded

Mac OS X 10.10.3

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.5 GHz intel Core i7

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

Screenshots

lsqdg.png

bwxrh.png

pfykl.png

lszpl.png

Edited by ZenithRising

DITTO, same issues as OP. I cannot play right now.

Win 7

Intel chipset, i7 core

NVidia 680m... I'm checking the drivers as I type. New drivers on the 22nd this month, dl'ing now, will update.

Edited by Bosun

UPDATE -

Dowloaded latest drivers from NVidia, no change.

HOWEVER -

Note the following behavior. I have several flights in progress, one of which was returning to Kerbin from Minmus, another that is an orbital station around Kerbin.

Now the interesting part is, when I load the Minmus craft I get the glitches described. It was ALSO - important - the last craft from which I saved/exited the game.

The orbital station craft, when I hit 'Fly', loads *just fine.* All controls, and UI elements present.

So. There's that. I've tried loading the Minmus probe from the orbit map of the Orbital station and was able to get Kerbin to appear correctly (as a planet) but the controls are still locked up.

When loading from the Space Center's Mission Tracker, all glitches are present, every time, for ONLY the minmus probe. Not the orbital station.

Odd.

Also - SQUAD - can I get some extra science points for this crew report? Thanks!

Bosun

Confirmed here, same bug. Have a Duna mission mid-way there, was fine yesterday, today I switch to said mission and this:

skEfshz.png

What the pic doesn't show:

The nosecone is the only stable thing in the scene, and it's the root part. The body of the ship is repeatedly translating away, then snapping back, over and over in a loop. About every half second, it translates to where it should be, then zips off into the distance, then pops back.

Note, I have other mentioned symptoms:

- missing 3 kerb portraits

- missing staging on left

- the controls are frozen

- right click menus are missing

Damn you Squad I love your game (like 900+ hours love it), but releasing career shredding bugs like this hurts our souls.

KSP 1.0.3 on Win7

Mods:

- Alarm Clock

- Chatterer

- Engineer

- Module Manager

- Precise node

- Remote Tech

- Scansat

- Trajectories

- USI Life Support

Edited by SixHourDays

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.