Random Crash KSP v1.0.4.861

So after going thru and updating all my mods i use after KSP tells me which ones are out of date.

sadly it seems i keep crashing during load. and i have no idea whats causing it.

first crashdump file. this is durring when i was finding out which mods where incompatible and then upgrading them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqf6xl2rcd4nsb3/2015-06-25_135932.zip?dl=0

second after getting all my mods updated. just as sudden in the crashing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv0cpqqm3po7cxy/2015-06-25_141144.zip?dl=0

my log file as stated that you needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx3l8qgyce1lb84/output_log.zip?dl=0

plus my Dxdiag just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emdsi0jyccof8qj/DxDiag.zip?dl=0

Mods used. If version not posted its because i don't know the version number. or cant find it.

[0.90] B9 Aerospace | Release 5.2.8

CiberXResearch

CommunityResourcePack

DMagic Orbital Science

Equestrian Flags

FusTek

HeatControl

InterstellarFuelSwitch

JSI

KAS

KAX

KineTechAnimation

Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal

KSPAPIExtensions.dll v1.7.4

KWRocketry 2.7

LTech

MechJeb2 2.5.1

MP_Nazari

NearFutureConstruction 0.5.3

NearFutureElectrical 0.5.1

NearFuturePropulsion 0.5.1

NearFutureSolar 0.5.2

NovaPunch2 [1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09

RadialEngineMountsPPI

ResGen

RLA_ElectricEngines

SmokeScreen

Squad ( current game version :P )

StationScience

Virgin Kalactic

Do you monitor the game's memory usage when it crashes? You seem to be using wayyyy too many mods (recent big updates added a whole lot of things to the game so it uses more ram than it used to)

i use the 64bit version and have 24gb of Ram and a large pagefile setup.

last time i played was right before 1.0 with even more mods then i have listed and it ran pretty much fine, except the issues with the 64bit version of course.

i highly doubt it's a ram ( memory usage ) issue.

Edited by Hatsune_Neko

You're going to have a lot of trouble finding support here I'm afraid. :/ Squad doesn't support 0.90 or any x64 builds anymore, and neither do most/any mod authors. 1.0 and its successors are not distributed in 64-bit, even if Steam still lets you ask for it (I don't have the game on Steam, so can't tell).

That said, crashes during startup in heavily-modded installs are almost always memory related, even in 64-bit, and I can confirm as much from a read through the end of your log files in the crash dumps:

From the first one:

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/externalCommandSeat/model000

[B]OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory[/B]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS.Read (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
:MoveNext()

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/cabin

[B]DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory[/B] - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 1398128B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture

And from the second one:

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_diff

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)

at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DatabaseLoaderTexture_DDS.Read (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/ksp_l_cupola_normal

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/cupola/window

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/externalCommandSeat/model000

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/cabin

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 1398128B with 32 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture

If you're insistent on running in Windows, there's no reasonable way around using a memory management mod like ActiveTextureManagement. The 64-bit Windows builds were always tremendously unstable and do not actually effectively solve the memory problems.

That said, the crash dumps you posted are both 1.0.4 crash dumps, and 1.0.4 is not distributed in 64-bit. Once again, if you're using the hacks to run in 64-bit, you should ask within the 64-bit hack community for support. The log you posted separately appears to be from an entirely crash-free run of the game, so I'm confused as to its relevance here.

i have it setup on steam to run Launcher.exe with the options set to run KSP on 64bit. so its not a hack.

though i may have forgotten to re update that option after the updates. it might have reset the launch path i set for it.

and i did double check on that, it did indeed remove my custom launch option so i could use the 64bit version.

so instead it was running the 32bit version. my bad.

well fudge.

i didn't keep up fully on the news on it. so i kinda just assumed since the option was still ticked in my launcher in advanced menu that it was still there.

hence why i did the bug report.

oh well we all make mistakes.

looks like ill have to wait until KSP supports 64bit before i can play again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.