1.0.4 Heat, Officially fixed?

PB666

I thought 1.04 was supposed to have fixed the heat problem.

Previously The heat shield would block heat transfer from the engine, now it seems to make matters worse.

Not to mention I had a very tall space craft landing on the moon the engines never exceeded 50% and yet it ended up heating up the docking port way on the other side of the space craft. Almost as soon as I turn on the engine the Sci, Jr. starts glowing red, along with all the other scientific equip even though the package is on the stack two fuel tanks and a heat-shield away from the engine. The landing gear which is horizontal to the engine does not show heat at all.

This can't be a fix.

The other problem that suddenly shows up is the mouse clicks only work when centered over the exact middle of a action button. In addition steering commands only work intermittantly as if the processor is overwhelmed. Im at the gig limit for 32 so Im thinking this cant be a processor problem.

Im think the memory overflow problem has not gone away, just moved slightly?

Heat seems to flow everywhere, through docking ports, decouplers etc. Heat moves from hot to cold. Some things cannot survive exposure to much heat. There seems to be issues where things that don't have a way to sink heat, like being attached to a tank or radiator can overheat. For me it is large SAS wheels. They heat up very fast if the are not attached to a sink.

Its seems to me people are having wildly differentiating experiences with heating. Some are reporting the game is playing more like pre-1.0, some are saying its like oldFAR+DRE.

Im gonna report that while I'm seeing an advancement towards some realism with the way re-entry heat works,

It still plays like a cutesy 1/6th newtonian physics spaceflight game.

While the realism and efficiency math may be the bread and butter for some gamers. Its still possible to land on the moon with an entire Munar Colony using 5 of the largest engines(I dont recommend this for your PCs sake) or to put a small satellite in orbit using nothing but RCS.

I also found that KJR(kerbal joint reinforcement) worked right off the bat so Ive not actually experienced the stock part joint physics.

Edited by hellion13
info tidbit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.