No Contract for station maintenance?

davidpsummers

There are various contracts, for those of use in Career Mode, to build and launch stations in orbits and on the surface of other worlds. OTOH, there don't seem to be any contracts to pay for changing crews. At the moment, you just make them, use them a short period of time, and abandon them?

There are various contracts, for those of use in Career Mode, to build and launch stations in orbits and on the surface of other worlds. OTOH, there don't seem to be any contracts to pay for changing crews. At the moment, you just make them, use them a short period of time, and abandon them?

You mean something like pick up Derwent from Minmus base, refuel and take him to relieve Bill at Duna base, bring Bill home safely. I can see how that would be appealing for empire builders.

I have seen people delete the NEW requirement from station base contracts. This way you can move a station or upgrade a station to complete the contract which makes a lot more sense to me personally. I currently have 4 abandoned stations above kerbin 2 over the Mun 2 empty Mun bases. I have had a couple of those launch abandoned controlled by a probe core just because I know I will never use them. The last Minimus Base I just used as an opportunity to take 8 new recruits to get the Minimus flag and it immediately flew back.

Contract Configurator + Contract Pack: Kerbin Space Station has one contract to send stations to LKO, LMunO, LMinmusO, and then crew rotation, evacuation, repair, expansion, etc. contracts.

This. Also consider getting those 'historical space program' contract packs at the same time, to give you more variety. Heck, just install all the contract packs for Contract Configurator at once for maximum penguin mayhem :D

I chain my contracts together.

Right now I am preping for my mission to fulfill contracts of

1. Space station Kerbin orbit

2. Space station mun orbit

3. Space station landed on minmas

4. 2 tourists to orbit mun and land in minmas

5. Personal rotation of existing minmas base station back to Kerbin to become 2 star scientists, engineers, pilots

6. Park in Kerbin orbit and use a separate drop ship to land said kerbal and tourists

7. Take said kerbals back up and refill the space base fuel tanks

8. Complete flyby Duna mission

9. Complete discover Duna (small detachable lander used for landing).

10. Land on Ike. Base will stay there with the science crew while a pilot takes back the extra science.

All in one mission. :) that ought to buy the next science compound.

I am fairly new to the game, and i have already installed Contract Configurator + Contract Pack: Kerbin Space Station.

As i didn't want to launch new stations all the time but rather expand the existing one. But i really wish it was part of the stock game, so you could just add a new part to an existing station and complete your mission.

Just as a note, I am pretty sure that the contracts that specify something like,"... supporting five Kerbals," do not actually have to be crewed. That is, as long as the station itself fulfills the contract requirements that it *can* host five Kerbals, does not mean it has to have a crew.

Edited by Lupus Irae

No one cares about your current art installation, make a new one.

Hehe...come on man: while I always appreciate your sarcasm, you must admit that having a game acknowledge your existing achievements is a great thing :)

The lack of a sense of permanence in career mode is definitely a weak point.

Hehe...come on man: while I always appreciate your sarcasm, you must admit that having a game acknowledge your existing achievements is a great thing :)

The lack of a sense of permanence in career mode is definitely a weak point.

That post you quoted was me agreeing with you in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.