US X-planes pack

6Pc85c1.png

I have spent a week and a half or so working through the US's X-planes (x-15, x-35, etc)

Wiki List_of X-planes

Most of them can be reasonably modeled in Kerbal and after doing so I found each has it's own characteristics and quirks.

I tried to match the real life missions on most of them.

The X-4 is undercontrolled, the X-12 explodes when you stage, the X-17 suffers from spaghetti, the X-32 is underpowered, and the X-24B is unflyable but many of these problems aren't too far from reality. each has a description with a wiki blurb about it's importance etc. and any special controls.

My personal favorites are the X-13, the X-15, X-27 and X-35

the X-35 is a modified F-35 by mareczex333 and the B-52 is slightly modded from allmhuran's design. Other than that, they are all entirely original. :cool:

I skipped the few I was unable to build stock ;.; maybe some other time.

Craft files

DctNiwJ.png

Wow, great job. You must of had some serious time on your hands. I have made the X-3, X-29, and a X-15 (with a bomber) in my Kerbal Imitations series (Link in my signature), but you really did well with a large number of craft. It looks like I used the same method as you (Wikipedia!) for information. I had to Rep you for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.