To the Mun bug?

Guest Jack6251

Guest Jack6251

Hi,

Sorry but I'm being very bugged by a view issues when I'm attempting the To the Mun Training.

Upon needing to reset so as to orbit correctly if I've fluffed things, it makes me view an asteroid of some kind after clicking reset.

Loving the idea of the game, just not all the crashes and bugs now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Just tried it three times and hitting reset brought me back to the staging view looking at the lander every time. You will need to press M to get back into map view but you should be where you were as you were just entering the Mun's sphere of influence.

Is it possible that your view is still centered on the Mun but your ship is still in Kerbin's sphere of influence? Try going to map mode with M and zooming out a bit, Kerbin should be nearby and you'll likely also see the ship somewhere (if not, check the filters that pop up when moving the mouse to the top-mid of your screen in map mode). You can then change focus view by click/rightclick/doubleclick/justtryit to your ship or Kerbin ro whatever you want.

Guest Jack6251

Hi guys thanks for answering.

In both map view and ship view I'm nose to nose with an asteroid, I think in a one on one fight it'd win so need the safety of my ship lol :)

I'll try and replicate as best as possible what's causing this and reply later. I'm doing the training quite a bit beause I don't want my career mode saves stuffed by my nubbishness so trying to go over and over various things in training, but yup, each time it's asteroidy on a Mun orbit attempt Reset.

If you're anxious about your career mode I suggest watching tutorials on youtube. For example Scott Manley: He is currently running a beginner tutorial series in which you can basically build along and do what he does.

Guest Jack6251
If you're anxious about your career mode I suggest watching tutorials on youtube. For example Scott Manley: He is currently running a beginner tutorial series in which you can basically build along and do what he does.

YHeh thanks I am, but eventually I'll need to actually do it myself, so training is handy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.