Hello! First post and about to buy the game after the demo. Question...

NoobSaibot

First and foremost, thank you to the developers for creating a demo. I think they understand how much it helps in making a decision on buying a game. The game is fantastic and I'm about to shell out $40 on the full version immediately.

I am wondering about whether to buy the game from Steam or the KSP website. Are they ultimately one in the same? Will the website direct me to Steam?

If not... I'm hesitant about buying off of Steam because I have a few games on my account. I'm a bit paranoid about keeping so many games in one basket. What is it like buying off of the KSP website? If I need to reformat my drive, is there a hassle with re-downloading the game files?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

The software delivered by Steam and the KSP Store are exactly identical. Both versions are completely DRM-free and do not require an internet connection to play after the initial download. The KSP Store site does allow you to download again without hassle, the only real limit is access to versions older than the previous one (and I believe this is the same on Steam). My advice is go with Steam if you are already invested in it and like it, otherwise go with the KSP Store.

More money goes to squad if you buy it directly off the KSP storefront. If you buy it off steam though you can easily take screenshots to share on the forums.

Also even though KSP is my favorite game I know $40 is a lot for people and if you are not satisfied steam has a new refund system.

Taking screenshots without Steam is just as easy. The ONLY benefit of Steam over KSP store I know of is the automatic updates. And this is exactly why I would advise you NOT to buy through Steam. Without Steam updates are not forced upon you and YOU stay in control to what happens to you game and when.