Remember KSP's tweet about MilkChocolate's heavy duty rover?

I have made a replica! Thank you MilkChocolate for the awesome rover design that I was able to replicate.

ymRMZzx.jpg

Nothing can compare to this 6 and a half ton superb component of Kerbal engineering. Lights! Comms! Superfluous External Fuel Ducts! Even the most imaginative Kerbals could not ask for more!

Legend has it was constructed in the belly of the infamous Kraken. Upon completion of this rugged hunk of audacious lion on wheels, Jebediah Kerman himself drove it straight up the esophagus of the beast while not looking at any of the inevitable Kerbal-esque explosions erupting spontaneously behind him. He then punched the Kraken directly in the short tentacle with enough force to cause it to combust and put him and his rover on an escape trajectory out of the Kerbol system. By sheer will power alone he got back on an intersect with Kerbin. He crash landed and ended up upside down. Not being bothered by this minor inconvenience, Jeb used the 5 internal small reaction wheels and landing leg together to right his craft and return home.

It is mostly a replica of the basic design of MilkChocolate's original rover. This does not have Xenon or Ion drives. Many of my pieces are in different spots and I don't suspect that he clipped a large landing leg in his to help flip it back over when you end up upside down. Mine has 4 fuel cells, two for looking cool on the hood and two in protected spots in the back, it has two of the smallest fuel tanks, 4 seats, all of the resettable science experiments and two attachment points on the bottom (3 if you remove the intake from the rover body). Some parts are clipped for aesthetics and functionality. It looks pretty rugged, can scale mountains and keeps your Kerbals safe in the event of RUD.

http://kerbalx.com/StacheBelt/SUV.craft

You could. It has enough room in the back to put a jet engine or two depending on how much you want to part clip. It's not unflippable but it has enough reaction wheels and a landing leg inside of it to flip itself back over when it's completely flat on its roof. It hasn't failed me yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.