CKAN Mod Support thread

pjf

Have you found a mod on the CKAN that's not installing properly, or installing the wrong version? Here's a list of things to check:

Do you have the most recent CKAN release?

The CKAN has a fast release cycle and is updated regularly. Please check our release page to make sure you have the most recent release.

Is your modlist up to date?

The CKAN metadata is constantly being updated. Please hit the refresh button in the GUI, or `ckan.exe update` on the command-line. Your issue may have already been solved!

Does it relate to a new release that's less than three hours old?

The CKAN indexer can take up to three hours to index a mod. If it's a very new release and we seem to be missing it, the indexer bot may still be digesting the release. Please be patient!

Are you using the right KSP install?

This seems obvious, but do check that your KSP version is what you expect, and CKAN is running on the KSP install you intend.

Is it a genuine bug that needs to be tracked and fixed?

CKAN development is focused on github. Reporting bugs there means both contributors and interested parties can track their progress. If you've found a genuine bug, please search for it on github and add to the appropriate ticket, or create a new ticket as appropriate.

Have you read the code of conduct?

The CKAN project takes matters of diversity and safety very seriously. Behaviour which violates the code of conduct will not be tolerated.

Have you checked all of the above?

Great! Then this is the place for you to post. Please be aware that the CKAN is a volunteer effort, and is the result of hundreds of contributors volunteering their time and effort, so please be patient and respectful. If you know a solution to someone else's issue, please do offer them assistance and help. If you'd like to contribute more to the CKAN, or would just like to participate further, we suggest you join our IRC channel, check out the CKAN wiki, or even comment on or tackle one of our issues.

When posting, please include all of the following:

* Your CKAN version (seen in the window title, or from `ckan.exe version`)

* Your KSP version

* Your operating system

* If an exception was thrown, everything up to (but not including) the "Loaded Assemblies" line

* Any other details that you feel are relevant.

Kerbal Inventory System (1.1.5) / Kerbal Attachment System (0.5.2)

Mod is reported as 'Compatible' under CKAN 1.10.0 / KSP 1.0.4. When run, the mods report incompatible KSP version and only KSP 1.0.2 is supported.

Toolbar (1.7.9)

Same issue as KIS/KAS. Version for 1.0.2 is incorrectly listed as 'Compatible' with KSP version 1.0.4.

• 11 months later...

hello. i am fairly new to KSP and im not sure if im allowed to post here, so sorry if its the wrong place.

i tried to install CKAN on my mac. i went to the page, got the latest version and since i have wine, i ran from there. when i open the program, it doesnt update or connect. i have no firewall so thats not a problem. can someone help me?

thank you in advance

8 minutes ago, fluxornyc said:

hello. i am fairly new to KSP and im not sure if im allowed to post here, so sorry if its the wrong place.

i tried to install CKAN on my mac. i went to the page, got the latest version and since i have wine, i ran from there. when i open the program, it doesnt update or connect. i have no firewall so thats not a problem. can someone help me?

thank you in advance

This thread would be more appropriate.

People have recently reported issues with using wine to run CKAN on Linux, and I believe they filed a bug report with the wine peeps themselves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.