"Arcadia One" Hypersonic Air-Breathing SSTO

I don't always use nuFAR, but when I do, I... keep trying to put turboramjets, scramjets, and closed-cycle engines on the same airplane, in a format that looks like this. It doesn't normally work, but apparently the B9 radial intakes were the secret sauce to get it working:

xTTnZqs.png

Scramjets: Instell Inc. Experimental Technology (Scramjets! Wheeee-BOOOM.)

Wings: B9 Procedural Parts (gold for nuFAR users that can't get stock wings to area rule correctly)

Intakes: B9 Aerospace (non-officially-released dev version from Blowfish, he's got a link in his sig)

Nosecone with RCS: Mk. 2 Expansion Pack (more cockpits need integrated RCS thrusters IMO, just as they are in real life)

Due to the absurdly high number of RAM-crushing mods, I'm not gonna publish a DL link for this one. Just have it as some inspiration.

Is there some joke I'm missing...? 'cos Arcadia is the name of my quasi-nonexistent independent nation-state that I use whenever I want to claim diplomatic immunity. If it turns out I'm making a d*** joke, then that would be embarrasing indeed.

It's the name of a former member's company. He was a bit of a hothead, and got himself and several others banned.

Don't worry about it, it's just that some (including Zekes) had bad experiences with him.:)

Edited by kmMango

It's the name of a former member's company. He was a bit of a hothead, and got himself and several others banned.

Don't worry about it, it's just that some (including Zekes) had bad experiences with him.:)

Zekes and I already made amends with him. He's actually a chill guy.

Zekes and I already made amends with him. He's actually a chill guy.

From what I've seen, I didn't get the impression he'd changed much.

But whatever. Let's not let the name he used tarnish another user's work.

Now give the man back his thread!:D

Also, Kagame, I like this craft. Gotta love Scramjets!

(minisnip)

Ooooh. Gotcha. Thanks for the info. And yeah, scramjets are awesome. They kick in when you're going at AAAAAAAAACK speeds, and only stop going until you've either exploded or left the atmosphere at OH DEAR KOD MAKE IT STOP velocity... =3 Instell is some good dern stuff.

(smallsnip)

Haven't tried that.... yet. I've been looking for a good way to make an intermunar SSTO and that... that could work...

*grabs napkin to scribble upon*

(petitesnip)

Ah, ok. Now I get your reaction. Woops. xD

(funsizesnip)

It's the Internet. This is all any of us need say. xD

Also: Holy cow, when did I get my second green bar? Thanks guys!

Haven't tried that.... yet. I've been looking for a good way to make an intermunar SSTO and that... that could work...

*grabs napkin to scribble upon*

What I mean by that is my ascent profile.

See my full ascent method Here

And yes, you can further exploit that for a transmunar injection, or even an interplanetary escape trajectory if you're incredibly brave/stupid/ sure of your math

Edited by Nothalogh

I AM MOOSE!! I know. this is how you achieve orbit. You build a slightly inclined track gradually climbing about 8 degrees. When a high enough speed is achieved the track changes into long large loops to achieve acxeleratio and velocity. . you leave the last loop a half loop. It will be acxelerating the payload in a slightly decreasing angle. you will be in vacuum being pulled down by the earths gravitational pull. leave fuel on earth, it is useless in space. in space you trust GOD first and the mighty Moose second. With moose you leave the shores and the linpid nobility behind, you know if their is a 'sir' in the name they only see your way as failure, for they loose their slave labour.

With Moose you acieve your goals and dreams!

moose

PhotoEngineering engineering the solar wind with the age old success of men, the sailing ship.

[=Kagame;2056398]I don't always use nuFAR, but when I do, I... keep trying to put turboramjets, scramjets, and closed-cycle engines on the same airplane, in a format that looks like this. It doesn't normally work, but apparently the B9 radial intakes were the secret sauce to get it working:

http://i.imgur.com/xTTnZqs.png

Scramjets: Instell Inc. Experimental Technology (Scramjets! Wheeee-BOOOM.)

Wings: B9 Procedural Parts (gold for nuFAR users that can't get stock wings to area rule correctly)

Intakes: B9 Aerospace (non-officially-released dev version from Blowfish, he's got a link in his sig)

Nosecone with RCS: Mk. 2 Expansion Pack (more cockpits need integrated RCS thrusters IMO, just as they are in real life)

Due to the absurdly high number of RAM-crushing mods, I'm not gonna publish a DL link for this one. Just have it as some inspiration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.