Local Origin / Pivot Issue when Importing from Blender to Unity

I'm trying to make ladders and airlocks for my part, and the tutorial states that "Kerbals climb up the ladder's local Y axis, facing local Z". I've set the local Y and Z for the origin of the part in Blender, as you can see here:

(green is y and blue is z)

3Aeczn0.png

but when I import the part to Unity and check the part with the view settings set to Pivot and Local, I get this instead:

(and yes, y is still green and z is still blue)

upbnCNh.png

I'm sorry if this is either really obvious or has already been answered, but I have no idea what is going wrong. :(

Unfortunatly, Unity and Blender don't use the same XYZ orientations. Now I believe that you can change that in blender (perhaps in the export settings), but I just find it easier to spawn in cube or a capsule in Unity (Gameobject > Create other> Cube) and then give it a collider. (you can also use a empty object and go through Component >Physics > Box collider).

Unfortunatly, Unity and Blender don't use the same XYZ orientations. Now I believe that you can change that in blender (perhaps in the export settings), but I just find it easier to spawn in cube or a capsule in Unity (Gameobject > Create other> Cube) and then give it a collider. (you can also use a empty object and go through Component >Physics > Box collider).

I gave that a try and it works :D Thanks!

Also, out of curiosity, do you know how to get the CrewHatch dialogue to ingame? My kerbals and enter and exit the vehicle just fine, but I can't find a "Crew Hatch" over the airlock like I can on stock modules.

Yeah, I usually use a box collider for the airlock/hatch, and a capsule collider for the ladder.

Also, out of curiosity, do you know how to get the CrewHatch dialogue to ingame? My kerbals and enter and exit the vehicle just fine, but I can't find a "Crew Hatch" over the airlock like I can on stock modules.

As long as the airlock collider is configured with the "airlock" label, it should be clickable, but it seems a little picky about placement. Some of the tutorials say the hatch collider should slightly intersect the part's physics collider, but I found the opposite to work better. I make it almost touch, but not quite, and I get a clickable hatch, though you kinda have to click it just right (sometimes it doesn't pick up the click).

That's probably because your ladder collider is larger than your hatch collider, make it 'cover' the ladder and everything should work fine.

Here's the ladder/hatch setup that I use: ( Box Collider = hatch, Pill = ladder).

9iZ25iC.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.