A KSP fireworks show

pincushionman

I made a video using KSP to make a fireworks show to celebrate US Independence Day tomorrow (well, technically today, given the time right now...). I'm going to post it here for everyone to enjoy, but I was under the impression that videos using KSP were supposed to include some kind of disclaimer (e.g. "Kerbal Space Program, 2015 SQUAD, all rights reserved" or something like that), but I can't seem to find anything about it right now.

Also, which forum would it be most appropriate to post it in?

Thanks in advance for any pointers. I'll have it finished tomorrow morning US time.

-PCM

Here's a fireworks show I made in KSP 1.0.2 last night for you all. The rockets are Fleas with inward-pointing Separatrons to overheat and explode them just off the launch site. You can see the freed Separatrons cartwheeling through the air and exploding on the ground throughout the song.

If anyone is interested, here are the .craft files for the firework stand and the firework subassemblies. As I said, this was done in 1.0.2. I believe the changes in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 made it so the separatron overheating doesn't work anymore, so don't come back seeking support for that! There are 90 rockets on the stand, and it lagged my computer out, as might be apparent in the video. It is all stock, though.

Happy Independence Day to all my fellow American players, and everyone else feel free to enjoy the show anyway!

Edited by pincushionman

You are the producer/ director of your video. KSP is copyright by Squad. The music you use is copyright the respective musicians. This is the correct forum to post regarding the topic of a holiday.

Thanks. I did find the info I was looking for on KSP's website this morning. It's ready now. Enjoy, and don't blow yourselves up in real life tonight!

Thanks. I did find the info I was looking for on KSP's website this morning. It's ready now. Enjoy, and don't blow yourselves up in real life tonight!

It would be useful for others to post the info, or where to find it.

It would be useful for others to post the info, or where to find it.

Will do. I found it on the FAQ:

I uploaded a gameplay video to Youtube. Is it okay for me to monetize it?

Yes, by all means. If you are having many views and want to seize the opportunity, go ahead. We just ask to be given credit, a mention and a link to our website is enough. You must also make it perfectly clear that we are the copyright holders of KSP.

I don't monetize, but it is still important proper attribution is given. I hope I did it right for both the referenced entities at the end of the video.

A true Kerbal fireworks display. Nicely done!

One complaint though; the video is a bit "stuttery", no doubt due to all the parts in the firework craft. However, you can get around this by using the Time Control Mod, slowing down the game by a factor of 'x', recording it, then speeding up the footage in post-production by the same factor. The explosion sounds will sound a bit weird since they will be sped up as well, but IMO it is a good trade off for a smooth video.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.