By the tips of my teeth

Skylid

So, after jeb flew a fantastic landing on the Mun, and a great return, he had to re-enter. He placed his periapsis at 28K, what, at the time, he thought was a safe altitude. As he barreled into the atmosphere, going close to 3,000 m/s, he realized he made a huge mis-calculation... As his ablator burned away in a wink, he made his final prayers. But it turned he didn't have to, He survived... barely..

Javascript is disabled. View full album

0.01, What a close call!

Did you switch the temperature bars off? Because if not, that means there was a bunch of the capsule's own thermal capacity to survive.

yeah, i keep the temp bars off. I personally dont like all the little bars pinging around on my screen.

So, after jeb flew a fantastic landing on the Mun, and a great return, he had to re-enter. He placed his periapsis at 28K, what, at the time, he thought was a safe altitude. As he barreled into the atmosphere, going close to 3,000 m/s, he realized he made a huge mis-calculation... As his ablator burned away in a wink, he made his final prayers. But it turned he didn't have to, He survived... barely..

http://imgur.com/a/1YKRg

0.01, What a close call!

Yeah, OK, but I cannot take my eyes off the typo, dude... sorry...

ALL HAIL THE NATION. THE PROCRASTINANTION NATION.

all hail the nation. the PROCRASTINATION nation < correct spelling!

I am merely picking out a flaw in your signature because I hate you... my Jeb did not survive re-entry. :(

Seriously, that is one lucky kerbal you have there. If you can rename him, change it to "lucky"

:)

Yeah, OK, but I cannot take my eyes off the typo, dude... sorry...

all hail the nation. the PROCRASTINATION nation < correct spelling!

I am merely picking out a flaw in your signature because I hate you... my Jeb did not survive re-entry. :(

Seriously, that is one lucky kerbal you have there. If you can rename him, change it to "lucky"

:)

Fixed my sig :) Thanks for catching that, I have had that sig for close to 1 1/2 years now, and never caught that.. ::blush:

Fixed my sig :) Thanks for catching that, I have had that sig for close to 1 1/2 years now, and never caught that.. ::blush:

... and here we all thought you were just going to fix it sometime later. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.