Kerbonauts "refuse to work"

I was just about to finish a long-term Station Science project when three of my eight men crew "refuse to work" and become tourists!(?) This happens all the time (I tried with quicksaves) and i did not accept any tourism contracts.

Is there any way to avoid this or to "turn them back"?

Edited by LupinoArts
Answered.

Sounds like you might be using USI Life Support. Kerbals who run out of supplies with that mod effectively become tourists and shut down until resupplied.

To avoid it? Keep them fed! To turn them back to kerbonauts? Feed them!

Assuming they're in your station, and that your station has a docking port, send up another ship with some supplies to dock with it and feed your poor kerbals.

As Landwalker says, this is not something that happens in the stock game. The main four Kerbals - Jeb, Val, Bill and Bob will work even if they don't get fed, but everyone else will go on strike if they go without food for fifteen days.

Guess so. I keep telling me that TAC is for food, water and Oxy, USI LS for all the other stuff a kerbal needs, like clothing. Maybe i should get rid of one of them...

If you're happy with the difficulty of keeping your Kerbals supplied with all four resources, then there's probably no technical reason why you can't use both at the same time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.