What are the Mk2 part dimensions?

This thread describes a tool to import Unity model.mu files into Blender, and it seems to be still working. That would let you import a stock Mk2 component and match the cross-section.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43513-Blender-mu-import-export-addon

I have seen one or two parts which don't match the shape, but are still called Mk2. They're similar, and well-made, but I would have called them something like "Mk2A" to avoid confusion.

Once you get away from the circular cross-sections it seems you need a tool like that. I'd like to see some sample meshes in one of the standard formats that can be imported into a wide variety of 3D modelling programs. There are getting to be so many different fuselage styles, and having something to match to would help. Rather than a new fuselage profile, needing so many different bits, there would be things I could build...

I don't know how accurate this is, since I haven't tried Mk2 parts yet, but I saved this comment from another thread a while back:

The Mk2 profile is 2.5m wide, 1.5m high, the flat side bits are 0.3m wide, and the sloped sides come up at exactly 60 degrees so they match the rotation snap.

I don't know how accurate this is, since I haven't tried Mk2 parts yet, but I saved this comment from another thread a while back:

The Mk2 profile is 2.5m wide, 1.5m high, the flat side bits are 0.3m wide, and the sloped sides come up at exactly 60 degrees so they match the rotation snap.

I didn't calculate the angle, but I was able to verify the other parts of this. I imported the .MU from one of the Mk2 tanks into Blender, and the side-rims indeed are 0.3m tall, and 2.5m apart, with a "height" of 1.5m.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.