Hard Mode addon for Remote Tech

Targa

Being a fan of playing hard mode, when I first saw Remote Tech I thought to myself, "This is great, I won't be able to do anything without first setting up a satellite network". I quickly came to realize that RT only affects probes (which I rarely use), not manned missions. What I would love to see is an addon for this mod that uses Custom Barn Kit (or some other way) to disable the players ability to create and use maneuver nodes when contact with KSC is lost. So if you have a manned mission, you'd essentially lose the FlightPlanning upgrade you get with level 2 of the Tracking Station and Mission Control. You'd still be able to manually pilot your ship, but you really need that contact with KSC's experts and tracking station to plan those precise maneuvers. This would really make this mod one of "satellite networks, or else". (copied from my post in the RT thread, moved here to hopefully get some attention by modders).

Somewhere I saw a config file for a mod that had "enableFlightPlanning" as a variable. I'm pretty sure they were adjusting the building upgrades, but not sure if MM can be used to address this as a variable that can be toggled, and also integrated to Remote Tech's communications on/off behavior.

RT does not only affect probes. It affects transmission of science reports. I do not know how you play, personally I play career, I use RT2 and many other survival mods that makes the game more realistic and hard.

The science grind is my main problem when starting a new game. But as soon I can send a probe to the mum or Minmus to scan for kerbonite, my lander needs a connection to KSC to send EVA reports and crew reports since I will do several biomes before I came home.

If you do not send them, they get replaced when you get a new one, instead of the goo, temp and other science that you can store in your module. I find it rewarding to be able to transmit this to KSC, sometimes I have to wait a few hours (or days) before I have a connection, adding this to life support, my manned missions must be calculated very carefully.

But hey! Each one play the game as he wants or how hard he wants to be! ;)

Regarding the transmission of science reports and not having a RT network for your manned missions: You can store all your science data in the command module. You simply need to EVA to remove crew reports, then store them back in the command pod. Using a scientist you can collect goo/Jr experiments, restore the experiments, and store those in the command pod also. There's no need for a communication network back to Kerbin unless you never plan on returning.

I play hard mode career, with science gains at 20%, rep and money gains at 50%. I use RT and TAC-LS, along with a bunch of other mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.