Problems with mirrored animations

Hello all,

I have been trying to make a landing end for landing 2.5M modules as bases. I really like the legs RoverDude made for the MKS hub, and since he licenses the parts CC Attribution Sharealike, so I took the legs from his file and added an adapter. The part looks good in blender, but the animation does not play correctly when I import it into Unity (instead of the mirrored leg behaviour, both legs traverse the same direction, which is obviously broken). I am probably doing something really stupid, but I cannot figure out what; if anyone, looking at the file, could give me a way forward, I would appreciate it.

Here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4icgpkuyxjlufz7/legsandcylinder.blend?dl=0

and the FBX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/okunh2dzmavmh1s/legsandcylinder_export.fbx?dl=0

sQZfsni.png

Edited by larkvi

Don't have blender right now to look into your file.

But if you are mirroring items by copy/rotate - you should have:

1) LOCAL (not GLOBAL!) animations for anything that will be mirrored.

2) Empty object to host mirrored parts which should be copied/rotated with them instead of just copying rotating the parts themself.

Then local animations will be animated properly in any position and angle you put their hosting empty object.

It's the least painful method. Others will include changing animations for every copy.

Thanks, I tried that and also made another change (I had some setting that exported multiple animations, which I disabled), and now the part is animated correctly in Unity. I do seem to have a new problem, where the model shows up as dollhouse-sized in Unity, but progress is progress, and now I get to explore a new part of creating parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.