Capitol Antigrav

bnsfc

I'm looking for a way to suspend large capitol ships in atmo without turning off gravity. The kerbal foundry's antigrav pads are nice, but I need something that can hold a ship several thousand meters up.

• 1 month later...
I have been looking for something like this as well. Either a way to negate mass or control gravity itself so I can have ships hang in the sky the same way bricks don't.

I would love an item that has negative mass, letting you do ecactly this. Or, have it use an antigrav fuel. Upsidaisium.

tried that one, while it is fun I was looking for something that didn't change the profile of my ship.

Go to the config of the probe envelope in HooliganLabs and add some zeroes to the EnvelopeVolumeScale thing. Add enough zeroes and it'll be able to get anything off the ground.

the "rover gravity manipulator" mod seems to work on flying crafts as well as rovers. you can't negate gravity entirely, but a Gilly-VTOL isn't hard to do, even with atmospheric ISP losses.

the mod claims not to work with engines of any sort, but i've never had an issue.

check it out: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105950-Rover-gravity-manipulator-1-12

the "rover gravity manipulator" mod seems to work on flying crafts as well as rovers. you can't negate gravity entirely, but a Gilly-VTOL isn't hard to do, even with atmospheric ISP losses.

the mod claims not to work with engines of any sort, but i've never had an issue.

check it out: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105950-Rover-gravity-manipulator-1-12

I've tried that mod once, had trouble getting it to show up in my parts list. I tried installing it different ways, but it never appeared so I gave up on it. Perhaps I'll give it another attempt.

////Installed it again and managed to get it to show up. For some reason when I try to put it on a ship it wants to attach upside down, which isn't a big deal just weird. When I turn it on though, after setting for the appropriate planet, I get a green light but I'm still stuck on the ground like a rock. Even with vertical thrust I just fall right back to the planet :(

Edited by Kalzuron
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.