Delete tourists from astronaut complex roster? If I can, is there a reason to keep them around?

How can I delete tourists from my crew roster? And if it is possible, is there a reason to keep them around? I searched around but can't find an answer.

I do see they don't count against the active kerbal limit, but I was wondering. Tourists don't have the red "x" to remove them like actual astronauts.

Hmm, maybe it's because of some of the contract packs I installed. Probably the kerbal aircraft builders pack. I flew a few tourist flights to the island and they stick around after the contracts are completed.

Thanks for the replies.

Probably the kerbal aircraft builders pack. I flew a few tourist flights to the island and they stick around after the contracts are completed

Ahh they do? Cool, just accepted the first tourist contract of that pack. Always wanted permanent tourists that doesn't care about deadlines. :)

There is a bug where tourists are not removed if you recover their vessel from the tracking station. It will complete the contract but the tourists remain in the astronaut complex.

You can search for their names in your save file and delete their roster entry there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.