Kerbal space program detective

carneyvich

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i will tell you what happened now. i was going in for a landing and i started braking once i landed but i tilted forward and my cockpit broke off (you can see it in the top right hand corner) but the the plane kept rolling and eventually crashed into the water sending the battery flying.

• 2 weeks later...

This game could benefit from a bit more structure. Usually mystery-solver puzzles give a lot more background from which to derive what happened. Maybe do before and after pics and ask what caused the crash based on visible evidence... Or ask what part failing/being misadjusted might cause the the 'after' picture to have occurred.

This game could benefit from a bit more structure. Usually mystery-solver puzzles give a lot more background from which to derive what happened. Maybe do before and after pics and ask what caused the crash based on visible evidence... Or ask what part failing/being misadjusted might cause the the 'after' picture to have occurred.

Well, if that is the case then I might have a good picture for this. I'll go and get it real quickly.

(Hopefully this should be more entertaining than the previous entries).

33569B686D86E5F4D51278319EE09AF5769F901B

This is a NAFA-18-E1 Caracal, a still unreleased update to my older NAFA-18-C model. It is a VTOL fighter which uses 2 turbojets to hover and another turbojet for forward flight. It can hover quite well, and even zip around the space center quite well just hovering (it is quite fun). The aircraft does feature an ejection seat, which works by detaching the sides of the cockpit and then launching the pilot and his seat out of the aircraft.

One day, I was test flying the aircraft over the space center in VTOL mode, at an altitude maybe 2/3rds of the way up the VAB, fairly close to the research center. I decide to switch to forward flight mode. After a sequence of events, this happens:

08497CE6A73CB2E1886BAE334610E2592B90332A

Can you figure out what happened?

Hint: the incident can be attributed to pilot error.

Hint 2: I highly recommend paying close attention to the picture rather than taking a quick glance at it.

Edited by Noname117

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.