WW2 BAD-T - World War 2 BDArmory AI Dogfight Tournament [FINISHED]

@VentZer0

Flat spin? I know the Sanka II can go into a controlled lateral flat spin if you apply hard pitch, hard left roll/rudder, or hard right roll/rudder(Great for getting another fighter off you tail btw) But the AI isn't smart enough to use it. :/

What flat spin are you talking about?

@VentZer0

Flat spin? I know the Sanka II can go into a controlled lateral flat spin if you apply hard pitch, hard left roll/rudder, or hard right roll/rudder(Great for getting another fighter off you tail btw) But the AI isn't smart enough to use it. :/

What flat spin are you talking about?

I did some tests and the Sanka was chasing my craft, mine goes vertical I see yours going after it and then it start to roll while going vertical and suddenly it's just falling down spinning.

It looked so funny xD

@VentZer0, latest version of the KF-Spike (5.1) is still being tested, and isn't available just yet. Will post a proper craft file when the deadline for editing it is up xD

It's basically the screenshot I posted before but capable of a bit more AoA and reconfigured for twin pusher engines. Along with some other tiny adjustments.

@Phearlock I am curious how it will turn out becuse so far I rekted your planes everytime :D

I tested my KW190 (think FW190-Dora) against my VZ-38 using the D25, it can keep up with the twin engine setups. In climbrate and agility, but speed is lacking. Will conduct some moar tests if KSP doesnt crash again.

So, we had a super awesome fight, VZ-38 against the KF-Spike 5.

The KF-Spike 5 won with a 3/2 score, that was a tough 30 minutes battle.

That VZ-38, I have never seen a plane take so many 20mm shots and don't even get damaged, or lose a chunk of the tail and continue to fly like if it was nothing.

This battle was cool, but you will have to wait until tomorrow (night) for me to upload it as it took way longer than I expected and I need to sleep for sanity sake.

Next battle: SankaII V2 versus Delilah Mk2, that is going to be a beautiful fight :3

Not sure if I will be able to perform it tomorrow but maybe I will delay it one day so that I can sync the battles with the following video.

Edited by tetryds

Good to know the L-19 hasn't flown yet. But is everyone else testing their planes against the competition already???

- - - Updated - - -

BTW do you want my jet anytime soon?

Good to know the L-19 hasn't flown yet. But is everyone else testing their planes against the competition already???

After I tell who will be the next those craft cannot be resubmitted.

I will update the submission rules tomorrow.

Jets will have to wait, we have a lot to do until then.

Well, sounds like the upgrades between version 2 and 5 paid off. But yeah gosh I don't know if you intended it or not, but setting the tail of the VZ-38 to wing strength 1 really made it impossible to easily destroy it. Unlike my aircraft which will fall apart after one or two good hits on the back portion.

Well, sounds like the upgrades between version 2 and 5 paid off. But yeah gosh I don't know if you intended it or not, but setting the tail of the VZ-38 to wing strength 1 really made it impossible to easily destroy it. Unlike my aircraft which will fall apart after one or two good hits on the back portion.

One, anywhere :P

But it's reeeeally hard to land a bullet on it, jeez.

One of the times you lost was because both were following the same enemy, who stood a lot of gunfire until both of your planes crashed on each other, that was cool.

Should I edit out the boring parts? The best moments would get easily lost on the video.

I think that you trust that I didn't cheat here, right?

One, anywhere :P

But it's reeeeally hard to land a bullet on it, jeez.

One of the times you lost was because both were following the same enemy, who stood a lot of gunfire until both of your planes crashed on each other, that was cool.

Should I edit out the boring parts? The best moments would get easily lost on the video.

I think that you trust that I didn't cheat here, right?

I remember once i set up two Bf-110's to intercept a Whirlwind, they took of parallel, turned 90 degrees, then the back one fired all of it's rounds into the front 110, who spun out of control, clipped the Whirlwinds wing shearing it off, then the crashing Whirlwind smashed through the back 110. It was quite entertaining.

Well how long was the battle? If it was only 5 minutes each i think we can bear to watch that. So that comes out at a 15min video. As for music maybe a mix up of old WW2 movie soundtracks playing softly?

I'm fine with either option. Shortening them if they go super-long is probably good (or speed it up during those parts maybe?) As long as you have the full footage available in case anyone wants to contest the result, I don't see an issue.

I wanna see your version 5 :P

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid AI >.< They also like to play chicken A LOT and win ...

- - - Updated - - -

Am I eliminated now ?

I don't think so VentZer0, as far as I understood it you don't get eliminated by only losing 1 match.

Also, here's a screenshot of version 5.2 (version currently in the competition is 5.1) Excellent low speed turn rate combined with a bunch of TWR for climbing. Top speed is around 180 m/s in level flight. Ignore Kerbal engineer max g of like 44, that's a bug. The KF-Spike 5 will fall apart at about 17G's, thankfully it "should" never end up doing that.

D53C5460369B5C66A96BD1EF5BBE02838058075A

Edited by Phearlock

Yes VentZer0, your plane is not yet eliminated, all planes which lose will battle against each other and the winning one will go back to the tournament.

The battle took 5 rounds, on a total of 29:26 minutes, I don't think anyone wants to watch that :P

I will edit it into a 5ish minute footage and add music, also because after a few minutes the video sound muted for no reason.

All the footages will be saved, no one will dare contesting something :P

I already did a 6 vs 6 WW2 Air Battle. You can watch it for inspiration:

:D

You should have chosen the battle of Britain theme song!

Also tetryds, did I invent a new KSP pastime of building warbirds? awesome :D

I like your addition of air battles

A new challenger approaches!http://imgur.com/a/jMBmBI actually submitted this last night but never got the chance to post it here.
Sorry but unless im mistaken the only lfo part you can have, but the oxideser out of is the oscar-b meaning you have an illegal part on your craft. Also i don't know what the policy is to cladding your plane in those panels either.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see another user of stock parts though.

Well, apparently, FAR's editor can lie about drag coefficients. It said 0.02, but in-flight, it was an unspectacular 0.06

EDIT: apparently, preliminary tests can lie, as now they are getting drag coefficients of 0.014 in-flight, meaning a top speed of 170+ m/s in a friggin' biplane.

Edited by Pds314

Is it possible that you could record these and upload them to youtube? I think it would be really cool to watch the battles :)

edit: didn't realize you were already working on that. My mistake

Edited by Biscuitfish