Introducing myself, SalehRam

SalehRam

Hello all,

I've been here since a while and I never thought to come to this section of the forums :D, but I did finally :P

A little about myself:

I am 27 years old (born in Aug/1987), and basically I am a games addict... even though I deny that, but that's the truth about me.

I live in Saudi Arabia, but I'm not native, I am originally from Syria came to KSA in 1999 until now...

I am married to an awesome lovely wife, got 2 sons, one is 1yaars and 2 months old, and the other is still 2.5 months old.

I work as an IT engineer/network engineer/IT professional/computers guy... whatever you want to call it :), it is just the job where I go to customer sites, and implement new solutions for them, or troubleshoot a problem for them, or even invent something totally new in my office during my free time...

I am also interested in programming, and in fact I am stuck in the nets of .NET programming, C++ and PHP, and lately, Python and Linux shell (which to be honest, I loved it more than any of the languages I worked on)

My college study was not "the best" or something, as I had to go to a private university due to financial issues and the fact I am not a native Saudi, which caused me not to get accepted in any government university.

I studied networking and communications engineering, but it was not up to me to decide that... it was decided for me by the circumstances that were around me during the time I was applying for university... it is not my family or someone forced me into it, actually, I went to Syria when I graduated from high-school to apply for a college, and I was eyeing physics, chemistry, or math... but unfortunately, the courses we take in Saudi schools are about 80% not recognized in other countries, which led to a massive deduction in my marks and scores to balance my high school certificate with a Syrian one... so I ended up in what I described before in the first line of this paragraph.

The fact I am working in the IT field has not changed my mind about science, I LOVE and DIE in scientific stuff, I LOVE physics and math, though sometimes I look dumb and stupid, I don't allow that to stop me from getting more into reading about scientific stuff... I love physics to the point I am seriously thinking to go to college again and study physics because I could not do it in the first time...

I am dreaming to plant the science love seed in my sons once they start to understand and they start to learn... and I hope to produce 2 scientists or more :D... (it will be up to them to decide what they want to be eventually, but I'll do what I can)

Maybe the reason I love math and physics is because my mom has a masters in math, and my uncle has a doctorate in some sort of something in physics (which I always forget what is it, but it is not nuclear physics or rocket science :D )

KSP, Space Engineers both come in absolute joy for me because all of the fun, learning I get in them...

I also play EVE Online, Anno series, Minecraft, StarCraft II, S.T.A.L.K.E.R series... there are others but those what came to my mind now :P

I speak Arabic as native language, then English (obviously :P), and "Estoy estudiano la lengua espanola"... :P

Sorry for the text wall :)

Edited by SalehRam

Dude! It's great to see you here. :) Seems there might be a few other people around here that like programming and/or science. I look forward to seeing some of craft.

I'm a fan of the Anon games too, though I haven't played them in a while. I definitely enjoyed the civ building and trading aspect more than anything else in that game.

Welcome to the forums! :

Cheers,

-Claw

Hello and welcome to the site. I'm relatively new also, but really enjoy the game, and the community. The forums have plenty of tips and tricks to keep your Kerbals flying, and I usually read about something new to try out from the various posts.

(Just a suggestion, but with your programming background maybe you might like to try to create a mod or two?)

Thanks for the words Claw :), I already fell in love with the community here since the first day I posted here, and I'll not go away... I'll put all the stuff I do here to help others and get help from others as well <3

Hello and welcome to the site. I'm relatively new also, but really enjoy the game, and the community. The forums have plenty of tips and tricks to keep your Kerbals flying, and I usually read about something new to try out from the various posts.

(Just a suggestion, but with your programming background maybe you might like to try to create a mod or two?)

Thanks dude!

Usually, I tend not to go to "Do it yourself" in programming unless I don't see any other way for it...

When I use something and get satisfied with what I get from it or its community, then that's enough for me... but when I need some extra work from something and not be able to get it from its current resources, then I'll just sit down and write my code for it...

Programming is more a hobby than a profession for me, so far I am getting what I want from KSP and all the mods, but that does not mean I'll not come up with something new soon, it is just a time issue :)