Is there a way I can remove a maneuver node from a craft's trajectory without switching to it?

Long story short, I have a bug where KSP is having trouble drawing a maneuver node for a craft and it glitches out when I switch to it. The screen goes black in normal flight mode, and the map mode is also pitch black but it lags a lot too. If I go back to the space centre, it's gone and all I can see is the skybox. I've seen this glitch before but this is a rather unique instance of it.

I know the issue is KSP not being able to recreate a maneuver node I set up years ago because I keep getting null reference exceptions in the tracking station when I click on the craft in question, and when I look at the output log, it says it can't create the maneuver node.

I know I can fix it if I remove the maneuver node because that's what's causing this whole ordeal, but I have no idea how to remove it without switching to it first - I can't switch to it first because when I switch to it, the game goes weird with the black screen and everything.

The maneuver nodes should be somewhere in the save file. Since i have no real clue which entry are the relevant ones, i'd start a new game, put up 2 ships, one with node set, one without, save and then look into that save file to see the difference and then edit the 'real' save accordingly.

The maneuver nodes should be somewhere in the save file. Since i have no real clue which entry are the relevant ones, i'd start a new game, put up 2 ships, one with node set, one without, save and then look into that save file to see the difference and then edit the 'real' save accordingly.

Good idea! :D I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Manually removing the maneuver node did nothing, and I've found out the glitch has spread to all of my other save files. Completely separate save files!

I think I'll need to get a fresh install, I have no idea what's causing this. I'll keep the thread open as I'll keep a backup of this install, in case someone has an answer to it.

Edited by yorshee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.