Do Tomatoes make good Rover Wheels? Find out with the McDuna Land Cruiser!

This is an updated version of a craft I built a few months ago, the "McDuna Restaurant".

Experience the wonders of modern snack cuisine with a food truck of gargantuan proportions with no less than 350 parts, about a dozen of which are actual food items! Satisfaction guaranteed or none of your kredits back!

eHmvLoC.jpg

It uses Burger Mod, Infernal Robotics Rework and HullCamVDS (you know, security cameras, selfie cameras, all sorts of cameras!).

Can you launch it to other planets for advertising purposes? Find out today with the 1.0.4 updated craft file!

http://kerbalx.com/pandoraskitten/MacDuna-Restaurant-104

YouTuber We Can Game If We Want To recently made a hilarious spectacle of trying to launch the McDuna Restaurant into space!

Changes from previous version:

- Now has action groups for vehicular control

- Cruise control keys 5 and 6 eliminate need to mash W and S

- Removed / updated IR Docking Washer with equivalent IR Rework part

- Documented all action groups in craft description

Thanks for linking my video! that was definitely the hardest thing to launch into space i ever tried... all the structural panels and bacon i think act as a giant air brake lol so it wasn't exactly easy! It made a really challenging airplane, too...

if you need anything else launched into space, let me know! i'm sure i could cram enough boosters under anything! (or kerbals will die trying :wink:)

I can honestly say that is by far the best gif of a giant, tomato wheeled food truck drifting on a moon that looks like ice cream in all of the internet.

Pro-tip for anyone seeking to launch this beast into space: the tomato was the root part I think, this caused problems. The tomato started spinning and soo then did the nav-ball! Do yourself a favor and stick a probe core on the roof and control from there ;) I never mentioned that in the video but it was vital to me flying with the nav ball and not vomiting from motion sickness...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.