Fizzy tablet + water + micro gravity = fun times

RainDreamer

Incredible :) I was assuming it will explode under internal pressure of CO2, spraying froth everywhere. I would never guess surface tension will be sufficient to keep this glob of froth in a neat ball :D

Surface tension and air pressure.

This is interesting how tension and pressure can form perfect sphere, now if they would only put some micro drone inside and try to trigger rotation...

I am always surprised how cavalier they are with fluids flying around in there. You would think moisture is a threat to a lot of equiment.

I imagine that teeny globs of water evaporate and are taken care of by the HVAC before it can become a problem.

I don't believe in gravity :P and more I look at "how things work" in space I am more convinced I am right.

Please do not tell the Moon.

I imagine that teeny globs of water evaporate and are taken care of by the HVAC before it can become a problem.

I see pretty sizeable chunks coming off, but something like that must be going on.

They mop it up with absorbing towels when they're done playing. The rest is sucked up by the HVAC and recycled.

I'd love to see the same experiment with a Mentos and Diet Coke.

Edited by Nibb31

Yup, as expected. Heterogeneous (liquid-solid) chemical reaction without the help of gravity will have enormous problems proceeding because normal matter convection is almost halted.

It's funny to see the blob propelling itself by shooting tiny droplets so that the astronaut needs to pull it by surface tension away from the station walls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.