Hexagonal Array Frame - Mark 3

It's been said that the third time's a charm. Well this third version of my hexagonal array frame has a lower part count, better construction drone, and is much easier to get to orbit.

I highly recommend a docking alignment mod. The docking ports have to be right on the money in order for them to connect properly.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Neat idea, but what the use for such a device (cinematic screenies aside) is beyoind my ability to comprehend....

Also, wouldnt it be like WAY easier to just get this into LKO prebuilt? Ive launched 200t capital ships made of nothing but wings (even worse then Macey's Laniakea carrier) into orbit atop massive rockets, so this shouldnt be too bad (its more or less nothing but girders and docking ports). That and it shouldnt completely screw over rocket aerodynamnics like anything with massive amounts of wing parts.

I personally enjoy the construction aspect. Plus I get a kick out of compacting all the frame modules into the tightest possible configuration while still allowing a simple deployment.

When everything is said and done, you have a massive space station that does everything you need.

Oh, and I created a habitation pod, too.

m2OyNA7.png?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.