Default control module

When you have multiple command modules sometimes the default is not the one you want to use during takeoff. In my case I have a protobodyne inside a service bay, inside a fairing, and so on launch I can't access it in order to set it as the "control from here". Therefore my navball is not oriented properly since it's using the wrong command module.

Suggestion: Allow access to the "control from here" right click option from VAB/SPH so that you can select it and save so that it would be persisted for future launches.

"Control from here" is very accessible in ANY situation before launch. You just have to zoom in and rotate the camera with Middle Mouse.

Or even easier; change the root part in the VAB/SPH to the Probodobodyne core. (Yes, its Probodobodyne. Not Protobodyne.)

No new features needed for things that are already in the game.

"Control from here" is very accessible in ANY situation before launch.

This is wrong. Only AFTER you launch is this available. Not before. It is not accessible in the VAB nor SPH. It does not have the GUI attribute that allows it to be accessed in the hanger.

Even then, after launch zooming in is not sufficient. In this case the zoom levels are not granualar enough to allow me to position the camera inside the small service bay in a way that lets me click on the controller. Only one of the zoom levels gets me inside the service bay and I'm not able to click the proto*dyne due to other components in play. Not what I'd call "very accessible".

No new features needed for things that are already in the game.

The things you mentioned are workarounds. They are not the feature I described, and therefore are not already in the game. That's like telling someone to dig a hole and giving them a spoon to do it with and saying it's the same as a shovel.

It's certainly not intuitive nor is it a good UI experience.

I believe we have a difference in what you call launch and what I call launch. What I meant with launch is the actual lift-off. Before lift-off, with your vehicle on the runway or launchpad, you CAN zoom in and select the probe core.

But I do agree with Turbomuffin. An actiongroup to set control could be very useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.