Spacecraft Friday 14/8/2015

those old threads that died a deserved death here

Why would they deserve a death?

Honestly, if the community-run Spacecraft Fridays will die away eventually, then so be it. At least they tried, even if Kasper hesitated to replace Twitch Thursdays. :)

The ones I remember treated it as reviews, and pretty cavalierly. Thats why peoples noses got bent. Don't crash and diss peoples hard work publicly is a good rule. Also they worked on submissions, which I think is a good idea o stay away from, a submission often equates with the expectation of a result, even if unwarranted.

This isin't a review of craft, it's more of a place to see some nice craft that you may have not noticed.

I've alredy shut down a couple of people regarding requests to feature crafts.

Yeah you guys have the right approach, I was talking more about previous weeklies and what not to do.

Yay! I have already started saving tabs away. :)

The ones that pick my attention the most will win, I'll try to be impartial and blablabla, and just for general information, I live in UTC+1, will probably post them friday afternoon in that zone. I started counting everything after the spaceplane I posted yesterday that apparently everybody ignored... :(

Rune. Now to put an alarm on my phone or something to remember... ^^'

I should try to get my mothership finished in time to get noticed! With my level of motivation not much chance of that...

Well, then let this be a small nudge to get it a bit higher: I will be actually testing these ships in a test savegame, something which I rarely do with stuff from the exchange. Impress me! :) I think the last Co-XX ship I tried was... I don't even remember. xD

Rune. Incidentally, not doing that has given me a great knack for eyeballing designs and replicating them form pics.

Impress me! :) I think the last Co-XX ship I tried was... I don't even remember. xD

Well it is an updated ship from the Co-XX series... and with the new LFO tanks has dV to go to low orbit and return from any planet. :)

Just trying to think of features that can make it more fun and not just a glorified upper stage for cargo.

Well it is an updated ship from the Co-XX series... and with the new LFO tanks has dV to go to low orbit and return from any planet. :)

Just trying to think of features that can make it more fun and not just a glorified upper stage for cargo.

Modular cargo? That way you can convert it from a transport or a tanker into a miner with the a change of module. I've always been big on standardization, but with 1.04, I'm taking it to a whole new level, standardizing everything to be the same size as my base modules. Will mean all of my ships are compatible with each other and I'm selling, like, a complete space program. Plus, the reusability factor goes through the roof: right now I'm only launching station rings on rockets, everything else fits nicely in one of my SSTOs and I have a family of birds that can fly one, two, or three modules up at a time, in any combination. I have the base modules, ore and fuel tanks, asteroid refineries, propulsion tugs... everything can work with each other, and everything can be reused and repurposed. Who knows, maybe the next thing will be a few station modules.

Rune. I might be a geek, but that sounds cool to me.

Modular cargo? That way you can convert it from a transport or a tanker into a miner with the a change of module. I've always been big on standardization, but with 1.04, I'm taking it to a whole new level, standardizing everything to be the same size as my base modules. Will mean all of my ships are compatible with each other and I'm selling, like, a complete space program. Plus, the reusability factor goes through the roof: right now I'm only launching station rings on rockets, everything else fits nicely in one of my SSTOs and I have a family of birds that can fly one, two, or three modules up at a time, in any combination. I have the base modules, ore and fuel tanks, asteroid refineries, propulsion tugs... everything can work with each other, and everything can be reused and repurposed. Who knows, maybe the next thing will be a few station modules.

Rune. I might be a geek, but that sounds cool to me.

Cargo bays with standardised cargo sounds like a very nice idea. :) At the moment I just hang it all on the outside of the ship. I have been slowly converting things to fit in cargo bays but generally haven't played heavily since 0.25 so haven't got very far.

Making a fighter to fit in a Mk2 bay could be interesting though...

I hope I'll have my current project done by Friday then... Something big may be coming to my NAFA series..

Also, can you guys PM me some cool aircraft names? I may need a few new ones.

Edited by Noname117

I hope I'll have my current project done by Friday then... Something big may be coming to my NAFA series..

Also, can you guys PM me some cool aircraft names? I may need a few new ones.

Hawker, Peregrine, Goliath, Raven.. I've run out of things i can think of that sound good for fighter jets.

Oh good, it's now four stars.

So what happened to MRS's thread of the exact name? Isn't this his baby?

Also, this concept has been tried at least three or four times on this forum and the result is the same each time. People get grumpy and pissed off at the choices and then people get turned off by it.

I will make that thread a discussion and list of old spacecraft Fridays thread.

..I think we need to make a discussion thread. But then again, there are already two whole threads.

^

This isin't a review of craft, it's more of a place to see some nice craft that you may have not noticed.

I've alredy shut down a couple of people regarding requests to feature crafts.

Exactly. I promise that all featurings will be only positive, never negative or sarcastic.

Announcement: Rune will be doing the next week's Spacecraft Friday.

Great! I think I'll be able to do the one after that, but that's a ways away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.