Can i use an xbox one controller with ksp?

Probably. The 360 pad certainly works.

Back up your settings.cfg before setting up your controller, because there's a bug that can corrupt the settings file. No big deal since we're just talking about graphics options and whatnot but it's nice to not lose them.

I use a standar Xbox controller and it works fine, I guess this one will too.

You mean an xbox 360 controller?

Original XBox controllers don't have proper USB connectors, so you've got to basically scratchbuild an adapter for them. Not really worth it unless you REALLY like the huge clunky feel of the big ones.

If it's detected and recognised by the PC, I can't see that there would be any issues with KSP. I use a PS3-type controller which gives good control. My basic setup uses left stick for pitch/yaw, d-pad for translate up/down/left/right, right stick for roll and translate forward/back. Works great for docking :) You can use the trigger buttons for engine control.

I've used my 360 wireless controller before (with the Windows USB receiver of course). I didn't like it but that isn't because it didn't work, just that a flight stick is better. The game supports anything that has X-Input support, of which the 360 controller was the first. (Prior to that, controllers for Windows were DirectInput, which is now obsolete). Most (probably all) Windows controllers on the market today use X-Input.

You should note there have been some reported bugs, but using a single controller you shouldn't see them.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.