Bay Doors

F-22 Stealth Bay Doors

I want the opposite of this.

EasygoingRemorsefulElver.gif

I thought I could do it with the controlsurface module but the problem above stopped me. So I gave the stock part a IR module in order to make it move, and be able to attach things to it. However I can't move it in the SPH.

This has to be because I don't have the mesh names for the .cfg code. Is there anyway I could find out what that parts mesh is called? I opened the .mu in notepad and it was all symbols except for two words.

WingsAirliner & CTRLSRFCOL

Those maybe?

Edited by clown_baby

Actually what prevents this is the way the attachment system works. The parts are attached to a location relative to the parent part's location, rather than being a child of the individual collider. So I don't think there's a stock way to make this work. It would have to be some sort of plugin.

EDIT: Usually what everyone does is mark the door-colliders as "No Attach" to keep people from being confused by it.

Actually what prevents this is the way the attachment system works. The parts are attached to a location relative to the parent part's location, rather than being a child of the individual collider. So I don't think there's a stock way to make this work. It would have to be some sort of plugin.

EDIT: Usually what everyone does is mark the door-colliders as "No Attach" to keep people from being confused by it.

Interesting, guess I'll have to use IR to move it. Thanks for the info.

So I gave the stock part an IR module in order to make it move, and be able to attach things to it. However I can't move it in the SPH.

This has to be because I don't have the mesh names for the .cfg code. Is there anyway I could find out what that parts mesh is called? I opened the .mu in notepad and it was all symbols except for two words.

WingsAirliner & CTRLSRFCOL

Those maybe?

Edited by clown_baby

One way to get a list of mesh and transform names is to install Firespitter or Interstellar Fuel Switch, and add one of the mesh switching modules to the part. There's a parameter (showInfo, I think) that will let it spit out mesh and transform names from the part, into the KSP in-game log.

One way to get a list of mesh and transform names is to install Firespitter or Interstellar Fuel Switch, and add one of the mesh switching modules to the part. There's a parameter (showInfo, I think) that will let it spit out mesh and transform names from the part, into the KSP in-game log.

Awesome I'll try that. I'm not sure that will solve the problem, but I'll try. Has anyone built IR parts before. Mine work fine, but if i revert to launch, they move in the opposite direction. Go back to SPH and relaunch they work just fine. I've had this problem before with custom IR parts.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I tried that exact same setup for bay doors. :P

I could only get it to open up enough for a single AIM-120 to drop through. And every revert it was messed up.

Stock bay doors are not realistically possible. You can get little openings, but not like you and I want. :( (besides cargo bays)

EDIT: Wait how did you get it to open up that much???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.