Surface attachment using part's origin, instead of attachment node?

I have a little conundrum going here. Most of the surface-attachable parts I've made have either used their origin as the actual attachment point, or they were oriented to match being placed on the side of a rocket or something like that. I've never had any problems with it before.

But now I'm trying to make an engine with a surface attachment point that matches it's top stack node. If you put it on the side of a fuel tank, this means that without any additional rotation, it would stick out to the sides, but that's OK. The problem I'm having is that the VAB is not honoring the location of the attachment node I'm giving it, but instead is attaching by the part's origin, down in the middle of the engine.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.05, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_attach = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

This results in the engine's top end sinking a full meter into the parent object, because it's acting as though I gave it "0,0,0" instead of "0,1,0".

Any ideas?

No ideas? No one has run into this?

Darn, I was hoping I had just done something stupid and obvious.

Just seeing this today, been slacking in the helpful department lately.

You don't actually have an attachment node defined, but a third stack node named "attach", so it's attachment point defaults to the origin.

Just pull the _stack out of that last node and it'll work.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -3.05, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_attach = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

Edit: Took too long to post, bloody ninjas.

Edit2: Speaking from experience (See the VC-10 from Custom Clusters), having an attach node and a stack node in the same spot makes for a PITA when you want to use the stack node.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.