28/08/2015 Spacecraft Fridays. The Selfish edition!

kn81KUd.jpg

Welcome to Spacecraft Fridays, the Selfish Edition. Today I will present a variety of beautiful craft I have built....what...I can't...oh crap. Oh well here is some stuff I liked. But first lets hear from the man himself.

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no non-subjective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

I Checked more than 34 craft out this week, and you will be astounded to know I flew nearly all of them. Only one consistently crashed my game. I wish I had more time to test a lot of these out more extensively but I came to do this pretty late. Anywhoo let's get on with it.

pMlKuqT.jpg

He is the master, what more can you say about his creations. This could have rolled off the production line in Detroit 1945. It almost melted my computer but it was worth it, so detailed.

driadfront1_zpsn6uchq75.jpg

It’s big, it’s beautiful and it’s useful, should be a great Grand Tour Vessel. I could not take the time to put this one all together but the pack with all the launch vehicles is extensive and well thought out.

77 Industries: Heavy Trucking Division. First Product: TTZ Long Distance Truck.

UabkMJB.png

Good Truck, good construction, drives well, carries a big load, can imagine turning it into a re-fueler for around bases.

Sharkman Briton's Monument-Class Heavy Destroyer

MTMZ2De.jpg

Gave me the first “holy cow†moment this week. After HyperEditing it to orbit, I started to test some of the weapons, I fired a couple of big missiles and I was in their control view when I tried to go back to the ship, instead I was suddenly at my refueling and crew transfer station. Oh my god I panicked thinking I was about to have my station ripped to shreds. If those missiles had remote control, torque and RCS I could have totally hit the station, the thought crossed my mind, explosions you know. But I knew I couldn’t revert. Anyway nice job, remind me to talk to you about space tactics and smart missiles.

Starwhip's Grasshopper Attack VTOL

S2ZsVzu.png

If I can get this little baby in amongst the science buildings like some kind of floaty hover car it must be good. Loads of fun, lots of reserve power, someone must really put some missiles on this.

creederTh's English Electric Lightning

c3qx8pM.png

Good job, it looks good and fly’s very well, I don’t know how you managed to make it so stable (CoM and CoL are very close) but it works a treat. Hard to make it do anything wrong. Way overpowered of course but that just makes it easier to load up with lots of armaments. I think only Starwhip commented in his thread but this deserves far more rep, lots of other craft that are messy with mucked up controls got way more attention than this did.

FlipNascar's Not Your Grandmother's Spacecraft: Steinsieker Shuttlet + Open Cockpit Delivery Spaceplane

9dzpfZ7.png

I didn’t even test, didn’t have to, it’s not about functionality.

Well there you have it, I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough the weeks craft with my eyes. The quality of the craft I see on here is as always excellent.

Cheers,

SM

Previous Spacecraft Fridays

7/8/15 Posted by Mad Rocket Scientist. Also Discussion thread, look for spoiler for first one.

14/8/15 Posted by Yukon0009

21/8/15 Posted by Rune

Edited by selfish_meme

Well, didn't get featured this time.. I guess I have to work harder.

Since I worked on the B-17 it would have been a bit naff of me to feature it, sorry. Otherwise I am sure it would have made it on.

- - - Updated - - -

Does 34 of those crafts happen to be mine? Nice choices, but I think there should be 10 crafts...

I could have filled the whole thing with tanks! But I wanted a bit of a range

since i worked on the b-17 it would have been a bit naff of me to feature it, sorry. Otherwise i am sure it would have made it on.

- - - updated - - -

i could have filled the whole thing with tanks! But i wanted a bit of a range

Thats great :) Gave me a chuckle.

Hmm, maybe I'll get featured next week, I have a super secret project underway...

Actually I was thinking of including your boxkite, but I didn't really get around to the mod craft because of time constraints. Also it did not have a prefix on the thread, so I kept missing it when I was trawling, then I would see it and go, I have to get to that, but was not in a place I could do anything about it, and then I run out of time. It was a pity because it looked interesting.

I believe that last week I asked for my Mako to be featured this week.

So did I not do something I should have, or is it simply not remarkable enough?

There are not any requests in Spacecraft Friday, also I'm pretty sure it did not turn up in my trawls from the week.

Edit: also also it was posted before Rune's turn last week, that's why I didn't find it.

Edited by selfish_meme

Well done! I obviously would be a bit happier if I had gotten a spot, but hey, I a lot of awesome kerbals out there, can't expect to make it with every ship. And there is a nice variety!

Actually, did you get to try out my Trident or did it come too late? I would be very happy if you tell how that went and give your view, say with a comment in its thread. It went quite unnoticed when I posted it yesterday...

Rune. No mods made it again? We stock builders must be awesomer... (or at least more numerous).

Edited by Rune

Well done! I obviously would be a bit happier if I had gotten a spot, but hey, I a lot of awesome kerbals out there, can't expect to make it with every ship. And there is a nice variety!

Actually, did you get to try out my Trident or did it come too late? I would be very happy if you tell how that went and give your view, say with a comment in its thread. It went quite unnoticed when I posted it yesterday...

Rune. No mods made it again? We stock builders must be awesomer... (or at least more numerous).

There are a lot less modded craft submitted, and it's more difficult to know whats a good build and what just mod parts. Sorry Rune, I didn't try your dropship, I was running short of time, and I also did want to get some other builders some recognition. I will give it a go and give you some feedback, I know it will be great just like your other stuff. That's going to be a problem for you going on, topping the last creation.

There are a lot less modded craft submitted, and it's more difficult to know whats a good build and what just mod parts. Sorry Rune, I didn't try your dropship, I was running short of time, and I also did want to get some other builders some recognition. I will give it a go and give you some feedback, I know it will be great just like your other stuff. That's going to be a problem for you going on, topping the last creation.

You, a shame about the modded craft. And no problems, I already have had more than my fair share of recognition, just honestly interested in an outside perspective other that "great! make more!". :)

And you would think that topping oneself is difficult, but then again, KSP has a huge learning experience, and just when you become a bit too comfortable with it, a new versions comes to push you back almost into square one.

Rune. No risk of me running out of room to improve in he foreseeable future, I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.