What is causing these crashes?

i'm running a x32 KSP intall with a large number of mods. It's crashed occasionally since I installed the first group of mods, but only when "stuff" happened (entering/exiting KSC buildings, switching vessels, launching/recovering vessels, etc.) I can live with this, as it's not too frequent. (All the same, here's a pastebin of one such error (the error.txt) : <link>. Go ahead and look over that if you want to. :wink:)

However, I recently installed a few more mods (FAR, Toolbar, and VesselViewer), and now it crashes even when "stuff" (see above) doesn't happen. Here's a link to a pastebin of the error.txt: <link>

If I need to include for info, just tell me! :)

Edited by Alex33212
More accurate title

You are running out of memory due to 32bit limitations.

Add -force-d3d11 (or -force-opengl if you dont have dx11) to the end of your shortcut target. This will reduce usage quite a bit.

Then either wait for 64bit (soonish) or remove some of the larger mods/remove items from stock and mods you don't use.

Stock game also has a memory leak when changing scene which doesn't help :)

Go into your steam library, right click on KSP, choose "properties". Under the "general" tab click "Launch Options" and type in either -force-d3d11 or -force-opengl

d3d11 works well for me, but try both and see which one works for you with the least amount of glitching.

If you start the game from in Steam, then you just need to right click KSP, click set Launch Options. Then type it in that box.

If you use a shortcut then right click it and goto properties, at the end of the target line add it there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.