Pretty spaceplane

KHTRE

Weight: 37

Parts: 46

Crew: 1

This is a nice spaceplane. It confidently goes into orbit. Entry into the atmosphere is just wonderful (there is no flame).

Download: http://www./download/9g9cjyjl6ydqd6u/XXX+-+Space+plane+X+-+3.craft

I can't help but notice a pretty inefficient ascent profile there... you just stuck to 30º all the way to flameout. Instead, try to "level" (ascent rate under 50m/s) at about 15,000m, then build back your vertical velocity after you go over 1,000m/s. You can make do with much lower TWRs that way, and switch to rocket power at upwards of 1,400m/s. Also, while that wing is very big and cool and all, it's heat resistance is nonexistant (1,200º). I know entering at a 45º angle makes that irrelevant in low kerbin orbit reentries, but when you are coming back from a higher energy orbit, say a Munar one... trust me, you want stuff that handles over 2000º.

Rune. But the SSTO is very original! ;)

i like that. i tried to copy it.

can you tell me why my spaceplane everytime spins after accelation? sometimes to the left, sometimes to the right. i dont get it into the air. i tried the center of mass in front of center of lift, on center of lift and behind center of lift. everytime the same problem. starting wiht 1 (4 rapiers) and spinning before takeoff...

when i manage a takeoff the plane spins in a frontroll upside down... what i'm i doing wrong? i'm going nuts about that s**t....

over 400h KSP but never managed to build a plane... but i need one.

screenshot19.png

Craft: http://www.omfg.ch/ksp/Space Plane GS 1.craft

i like that. i tried to copy it.

can you tell me why my spaceplane everytime spins after accelation? sometimes to the left, sometimes to the right. i dont get it into the air. i tried the center of mass in front of center of lift, on center of lift and behind center of lift. everytime the same problem. starting wiht 1 (4 rapiers) and spinning before takeoff...

when i manage a takeoff the plane spins in a frontroll upside down... what i'm i doing wrong? i'm going nuts about that s**t....

over 400h KSP but never managed to build a plane... but i need one.

I havn't got pages of analysis but MyGut says:

Try putting your main gear closer together, and make sure steering is deactivated on them.

Try a greater wing area.

These are both things that caused me to pull my hair out, in similar fashion to what you describe, at some point or other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.