Drag rudder option for other control surfaces

We have A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. and they can work as drag rudders. Would be even better if we could set it for other control surfaces too.

Horten_IX.png

The green stuff.

Another example:

general-knowledge-25-728.jpg?cb=1301040013

Edited by Veeltch

what about using action groups for toggling regular control surfaces?

Thought about that, but came to conclusion it would require a lot of work just to yaw. You have to deflect them more and deflect them less. And have to do that for both sides. That's 4 different action groups used just to yaw the thing left and right. And it's not a very efficient way to do that either. SAS also doesn't help you to balance things out if you do it that way.

Edited by Veeltch

In KSP you can, because of OP reaction wheels - last I've checked they worked on my flying wings just fine for yaw control (even just with only cockpit built in wheel, no extras).

Hell no! I ain't using none of those devil-driven contraptions you call reaction wheels for flying my aircraft!

Seriously though, I want to make things fly and be aerodynamically stable, not brute force it with torque. Reaction wheels are for space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.