Teleported to the void when craft touches the ground

Every time when i launch a craft, the camera breaks and all i see is space, sometimes when i switch to IVA, the camera gets fixed for a moment then gets black again, and all the log says is "[Log]: Look rotation viewing vector is zero" and revert flight button also fails

all the log says is "[Log]: Look rotation viewing vector is zero" :(

My modlist is:Adjustable landing gear,asteroid day mod,b9 proc wings,bd armory,CIT plugin,docking tube for KAS,KAS,KIS,KAX,Quiz Tech Aero, firespitter,hotspot,hullcam vds,P.E.W,Scramjet mod,KER,Mini airbrakes,IR,model rework,EVA chutes,EVA follower,RPM,north kerbin weaponry,stockalike station parts and planetary base inc

I sometimes get this bug too, I remember getting it every now and again in an unmodded 1.0.0 install. I think it's a stock issue, but in case it's not, I'll add what mods I also use:

Asteroid Day, KAS, KIS, KER, Infernal Robotics, RPM, Planetary Base parts.

I do vaguely remember 'fixing' it by messing with the IVA, and I managed to land on Ike while the debug log was spamming that look rotation line, and when I went back to the KSC, it looked like Kerbin suffered from a terrible earthquake, all the ground was spiking up at 90 degree angles.

I'll mess around with my stock install to see if this got fixed in 1.0.1+, if I can't get it to happen then it must be a mod causing it. It'll be difficult to replicate though, since it seems to happen randomly.

KSP, y dont u auto-fix ;.;

Exiting out of the game (without saving beforehand) generally fixes it properly for me. Don't try reloading your save without exiting the game first as the problem still persists and could potentially corrupt it.

i tested it, then this happened:

[LOG 12:41:35.334] [scenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered

[LOG 12:41:35.337] Loading Depletion Nodes

[LOG 12:41:35.339] DepNodeCount: 0

[LOG 12:41:35.340] Loading Biome Nodes

[LOG 12:41:35.341] BiomeNodeCount: 1

[LOG 12:41:35.342] Loading Planet Nodes

[LOG 12:41:35.343] PlanetNodeCount: 2

[LOG 12:41:38.505] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Aeris 3A

[WRN 12:41:38.584] [CurrencyWidgetsApp]: No live widgets to Despawn!

[LOG 12:41:39.738] [Aeris 3A]: ground contact! - error: -0.127m

[LOG 12:41:39.740] Unpacking Aeris 3A

[LOG 12:41:40.072] Look rotation viewing vector is zero

Then it started spamming the rotation vector thing :(

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.