[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Hey, I had that problem, too... At first i connected the Pod with struts, but I couldn't fly it with SAS then - In the Decals section are adapters for 1-3m parts. Have fun!

Btw, thanks for the help, I landed a Rover on minmus now, the skycrane is so awesome, I can't wait for new planets

Problem is, even with those adapters I had major problems with wobbling. But I'll keep experimenting. :)

Is it possible to change the part config file of the wobbly decoupler/fairing to allow me to connect struts to it? By default I can't connect struts to or from it, and that wobble literally makes it impossible to get the thing above 30 km without it entering a massive spin. Plus it generally ends up violently ripping one of the sky-crane's engines off.

Is it possible to change the part config file of the wobbly decoupler/fairing to allow me to connect struts to it? By default I can't connect struts to or from it, and that wobble literally makes it impossible to get the thing above 30 km without it entering a massive spin. Plus it generally ends up violently ripping one of the sky-crane's engines off.

You can change it by your self: Open the KSP folder, open Part folder, open LH_CapsuleDecoupler folder, open the part.cfg file with a text editor, replace this line

attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

by this line:

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

I'll change it in the next update.

I noticed that when I crash with the rover, the report lists 3 kerbonaughts were killed. I skimmed the previous pages but is this a "manned" rover for anyone else?

Put this under "pod/rcs parameters" in the config for the rover command pod:

// --- internal setup ---

CrewCapacity = 0

INTERNAL

{

name = GenericSpace1

}

OP should do this too. Makes 'em unmanned. ;)

Put this under "pod/rcs parameters" in the config for the rover command pod:

// --- internal setup ---

CrewCapacity = 0

INTERNAL

{

name = GenericSpace1

}

OP should do this too. Makes 'em unmanned. ;)

thankya for the tip!

Success !!

The Solar Rover and a largely modified descent stage

canceled the retro rockets

and added

- landing struts

- additional tanks from the MMI set

- 3 solar panels (lost one ???)

- 3 satcom dishes an a omnidirectional antenna for the relay network

- remote control for the relay network

- mechjeb

the rover got

- a omindirectional antenna for the relay network and

- 3 additional cameras

thank you for this nice rover !!

screenshot109r.th.png

I noticed that when I crash with the rover, the report lists 3 kerbonaughts were killed. I skimmed the previous pages but is this a "manned" rover for anyone else?

Nutt007 givse you the answer. My mod is, for now, just 0.16 compatible. You will have to wait, i'm back from holidays to make a full update, with scaling down the rover and the skycrane, tweak the rover pod to be un-manned, and check how to stop the capsule wobbling. Plus making a hatch for the MEM and upscaling it too. Plus finishing my battlecruiser mod.

Much work in perspective but it must be done before 0.17 is out.

Success !!

The Solar Rover and a largely modified descent stage

canceled the retro rockets

and added

- landing struts

- additional tanks from the MMI set

- 3 solar panels (lost one ???)

- 3 satcom dishes an a omnidirectional antenna for the relay network

- remote control for the relay network

- mechjeb

the rover got

- a omindirectional antenna for the relay network and

- 3 additional cameras

thank you for this nice rover !!

screenshot109r.th.png

Nice interesting work. I like it, why not doing something like that in a further update.

Nice interesting work. I like it, why not doing something like that in a further update.

If you think about updates i would like to see a more stabile rover.

Have now landed six of it and traveled about 50-60km all togheter i lost two because of somersaults as i moved over small hills and they rest now wheels up.

The lack of suspension together with weak gravity makes it some times very difficult to drive with.

A "kerbalized" rover design could handle this i being enhanced to enable exploring rugged terrain that we have on mun and minus and those what will come in future - propably able to drive top or bottom up.

Hey I really love the lander, but I can't seem to do EVA with it, why aren't the kerbonauts showing up in the bottom-right corner?

Do you talk about the MEM? For now, you cannot do EVA with it because there's no hatch yet. I'll add it in the next update in september.

The rover is an un-manned probe so there isn't any kerbonaut in it. If you really want some, you can edit the part file.

Do you talk about the MEM? For now, you cannot do EVA with it because there's no hatch yet. I'll add it in the next update in september.

The rover is an un-manned probe so there isn't any kerbonaut in it. If you really want some, you can edit the part file.

I was talking about the MEM. Is adding a hatch something I can do myself with an CFG edit? or does it involve complicated modeling stuff?

I was talking about the MEM. Is adding a hatch something I can do myself with an CFG edit? or does it involve complicated modeling stuff?

Adding a hatch needs to modify the mesh and use Unity. You can't do that just by editing files. Sorry, you'll have to wait to early september I make an update.

Dont know exactly why, but in combination of mechjeb and RemoteTech i can use now the mechjeb Landing Autopilot with the rover as some type of surface navigation tool.

You can select a target for your rover journey on the map and the Landing Autopilot will give you your permanent position and your relative position and distance to your target.

The funny thing is - there is no mechjeb on the rover - that part is left in the landing stage (now) 40km away.....but hell....it works....

screenshot118d.th.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.