NASA human Mars missions in the 2030 - new parts

From http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/09/nasa-considers-sls-launch-sequence-mars-missions-2030s/ I would like to Devs inspire on few parts that are going to be used by NASA.

2015-09-24-222939-350x217.jpg

Rover - we would really need some new rover parts like cabin and crew/cargo section.

Also large inflatable heat shield.

2015-09-24-225143-350x317.jpg

Planetary habitat - in KSP 2.5m and 3.75m sizes would be nice with build-in docking ports.

Also I would like small engine, before 1.0 we had 3 great engines with 20/30/50 thrust on ground level, right now they are nerfed. We need light engine (radial and inline) for 0.625 and 1.25 with 30-40 thrust on Kerbin ground level.

And balloons, lots of them from small for weather probes to larger versions

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZrzE35o_C7b5gv3loxYFcOJ9FZQKz7xyfTjJR1jx3hAsDjSOU

Edited by Darnok

We already have the hitchhiker container. Even if we had some more, why would you want to use it? There's no life support. Baloons-I don't think you would find many use of them. Even if you would, it's nearly sure that there won't be baloons in the stock game. Inflatable heat shields... They should surely have lower stats than the standard ones with the equal size.

We already have the hitchhiker container. Even if we had some more, why would you want to use it? There's no life support. Baloons-I don't think you would find many use of them. Even if you would, it's nearly sure that there won't be baloons in the stock game. Inflatable heat shields... They should surely have lower stats than the standard ones with the equal size.

Hitchhiker is ugly and doesn't work well as planetary base also would be nice to have 3.75m more flat size.

For what would I use them? Why do we need more than one pilot cockpit or more than one capsule?

I would found lots of use for balloons, if they would stay more or less in same altitude during time warp :)

Agreed on heat shields.

Balloons have a lot of use. Practically all atmospheric planets/moons would be targets for balloons including Kerbin. Especially when we get electric propeller engines for them. Allows great exploration vehicles without the need for huge amounts of energy to propell them or keep them up in the atmosphere. I'm all for balloons!

Oh God, not the balloons... Electric propellers would be more fun.

I agree that we need more base parts. Preferably inflatable to save some space in transport. And, well... A crew pod with high visibility. Maybe something like Ar 234 or B-29. Except it would look good when used on both: rovers and planes.

I always wanted a high visibility cockpit and you just gave me an excuse to request that. Thanks.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.